Are you looking for Dollar Tree DIY Fall Decor ideas? Look no further and I’ll share with you a few DIY fall decorations I’ve created on a budget using dollar tree items! I have so much fun making seasonal decor and especially fall decorations. These are fun diy fall decor ideas you can do using items from your local dollar store.
How can I decorate my house for cheap in the fall?
As the vibrant colors of autumn start to paint the world around us, it’s the perfect time to infuse your living space with a touch of seasonal magic. If you’re a fan of DIY and adore the dollar store, you’re in for a treat! In this exciting step-by-step guide, we’ll take you through an array of Dollar Tree DIY fall decor projects that will transform your home into a cozy haven of autumnal splendor.
Dollar Tree DIY Fall Decor Video
Easy Dollar Tree DIY Fall Decor Ideas
Enchanting Faux Leaf Plunger Tree
- Toilet plunger
- Faux branches and leaves
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Ribbon, twine, or duct tape
- Apple Barrel multi-surface paint (black)
- Pizza pan or alternative base
- Handkerchief or fabric for wrapping
Step 1: The Leafy Transformation
- Apply hot glue to the top of the toilet plunger.
- Gently attach faux leaves to the hot glue, allowing it to set.
- Repeat the process on the other side and work your way down the plunger.
Step 2: Sturdy Base
- Reinforce the branches by wrapping small pieces of duct tape around them.
- Continue wrapping duct tape all the way down the plunger.
Step 3: Create the Fall Tree Effect
- Bend the branches outward to give the plunger a tree-like shape.
- Using black paint, tap the duct tape to mimic the appearance of birch or aspen trees.
Step 4: Fill in the Gaps
- Cover unwanted spaces and fill holes with more faux leaves using hot glue.
Step 5: Choose Your Display
- Place the plunger tree on a pizza pan or alternative base.
Step 6: Finishing Touches
- Wrap the base with a handkerchief or fabric to conceal the plunger.
- Attach faux leaves to cover any remaining gaps.
Let me know what you think about my Dollar Tree DIY Fall Tree in the comments below. You can place this tree inside or outside, and I’m sharing a couple of ideas.
Now let’s move on to the next project!
Elegant Fall Rub-On Decor
- Ceramic heart
- Fall rub-on transfer
- Credit card or hard surface
Step 1: Applying the Transfer
- Follow the instructions on the rub-on transfer package to apply the design to the ceramic heart.
- Use a credit card or hard surface to ensure a smooth application.
Glowing Rub-On Candle Holder
- LED candle
- Fall rub-on transfer
- Beaded garland
Step 1: Transfer the Design
- Apply the fall rub-on transfer to the LED candle using the provided instructions.
Step 2: Decorate the Base
- Wrap a beaded garland around the candle holder for an added touch of elegance.
Rustic Ribbon-Wrapped Candle Holders
- LED pillar candles
- Birch or Aspen ribbon
Step 1: Wrap the Ribbon
- Wrap the birch or aspen ribbon around the LED candle for a rustic look.
Step 2: Illuminate Your Space
- Place the candle holders on your mantel to create a warm and inviting glow.
Creating Festive Painted Signs for Fall and Halloween
In this tutorial, we’ll walk you through the process of creating charming and festive fall and Halloween signs using a variety of painting techniques and materials. By following these steps, you can add a touch of seasonal decor to your home. Let’s get started!
Materials You’ll Need
- Assorted fall and Halloween signs (wooden and galvanized)
- Folk Art Home Decor Chalk Paint
- Folk Art Ultra Dye
- Apple Barrel Multi-Surface Paint
- Mod Podge
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Faux feathers, leaves, cotton balls, and other embellishments
- Rub-on transfers (Dollar Store)
- Painter’s tape
- Dragonfly Glaze (optional)
- Treasure Gold Paint (optional)
- Rabon transfer (optional)
Step 1: Painting the Signs
- Lay out your assortment of fall and Halloween signs, including wooden and galvanized ones.
- Start by using Folk Art Home Decor Chalk Paint, Folk Art Ultra Dye, and Apple Barrel Multi-Surface Paint to paint each sign using different techniques. Have fun experimenting with colors and styles.
- Allow all painted signs to dry completely before moving on to the next step.
Step 2: Adding Texture and Embellishments
- For the turkey sign:
- Attach a galvanized sign to create the turkey’s body.
- Glue faux feathers onto the turkey sign for added texture.
- For the pumpkin sign:
- Apply a layer of Mod Podge to the pumpkin’s surface.
- Sprinkle cinnamon over the Mod Podge, then shake off the excess outside. This adds a pleasant cinnamon scent and texture to the pumpkin.
- For the witch sign:
- Attach a galvanized sign to serve as the witch’s hat.
- Glue cotton balls onto the sign to create a fluffy texture.
- For the cat sign:
- Enhance the sign by adding faux leaves for a dimensional look.
- For the owl sign:
- Add more embellishments, such as feathers or leaves, to the owl’s design.
Step 3: Special Finishes
- Harvest sign:
- Apply Treasure Gold Paint and copper accents to the “Harvest Wishes” sign to give it a touch of elegance.
- Apply Dragonfly Glaze:
- Use Folk Art Dragonfly Glaze to add a shimmering effect to the signs. Apply the glaze with a paintbrush and let it dry completely.
Step 4: Assembling and Hanging
- Cut pieces of painter’s tape and attach them to the back of each sign.
- Attach twine to the painter’s tape, creating loops for hanging.
- Hang the signs on the front of your kitchen cabinets using the twine. Alternate between fall and Halloween signs for a balanced look.
- Arrange the signs across all the cabinet doors to create a cohesive display.
Step 5: Final Touches
- Stand back and admire your creative and festive display!
- Share your favorite sign or any thoughts on the project in the comments.
Enjoy your delightful fall and Halloween signs that bring a touch of seasonal charm to your home!
Feel free to customize this tutorial with your preferred colors, techniques, and embellishments. Have fun crafting and decorating!
Pumpkins Galore – From Pans to Decor
Do you love Dollar Tree? I sure do. This is a quick and easy DIY project using dollar tree supplies. I came up with a dollar tree pumpkin craft that is a great way to use inexpensive items in creative ways. You can also find items to use in the craft section of your local store, hobby lobby, or other home decor stores. This is a great opportunity to use your imagination to make a variety of seasonal decor creations for any time of the year. I made an easy and beautiful faux pumpkin for fall with a few Dollar Store pans.
You can find the full tutorial with pictures and video: Easy and Beautiful Dollar Tree Pumpkins For Fall
Effortless Fabric Pumpkins
These no sew fabric pumpkins are easy for anyone including kids to make. I like decor that I can use for several months. These fabric pumpkins are the perfect fall decor from halloween through Thanksgiving. They are a useful item (hides toilet paper), and they pack away nicely at the end of the season.
You can find the full tutorial with pictures and video: Easy DIY Fabric Pumpkins
Stunning Window Cling Signs
Are you looking for DIY Farmhouse Fall Decor? I made this super easy DIY with just a few items from the Dollar Tree.
As you all know I love DIY projects, especially fall decorations. Fall is my favorite season and as the colors of fall emerge it is a perfect time to find different ways to change your home decor. This DIY farmhouse sign is a great way to get that farmhouse look and some country charm for your front porch or front door.
You can find the full tutorial with pictures and video: Easy and Dynomite Dollar Tree DIY Farmhouse Fall Decor
Reusable Fall To-Do List Frame
We love all seasons at our house, and all for different reasons. One of my favorites is the fall season! There is so much to do and embrace in the fall so I’m sharing a reusable Fall To-Do list for you to enjoy! Our family does this every year and our goal is to try and get everything crossed off. This fall to-do list runs from September-November in our house – plenty of time.
You can find the full tutorial with pictures: Reusable Fall To Do List and Fall Bucket List
Leafy Thankful Board
I wanted to make something that is reusable every year for our family to share what they are thankful for during the holidays. What I love about this project is that it can be changed up easily for all the different holidays and celebrations we have all year long.
You can find the full tutorial with pictures: Thankful Dry Erase Board for the Holidays
Whimsical Pumpkin Display
Have you seen the wine glasses (or any glassware for that matter) turned into pumpkin candle holders? I have and I’ve been wanting to give them a try. I finally did and just in time for a fall centerpiece for our Thanksgiving table! This is an easy craft and inexpensive to make.
You can find the full tutorial with pictures: Wine Glasses to Pumpkin Candles
Creative Leaf Sun Catcher
Preserving leaves and making a fun fall leaf sun catcher is inexpensive, and a great project for adults, families together, kids, etc.
You can find the full tutorial with pictures: How To Make A Fun Fall Leaf Sun Catcher
DIY Fall Leaf Banner
Do you want to make DIY fall leaf crafts on a budget? I found 2 packages of large autumn leaves at Walmart for $1 each. You can also find something similar at the craft store or send the kids out to collect real leaves. Here’s how to make 2 DIY fall leaf decorations to bring some fall color into your decor.
You can find the full tutorial with photos and video at: Fall Leaf Decorations: Easy DIYs with Video
DIY Fall Pillow Tutorials: 3 Creative Designs Using Dollar Store Items
I was on one of my trips to the dollar store when I found some super cute placemats. Inspiration struck – easy no sew fall pillows! This DIY pumpkin pillow can be made without a sewing machine, no need to stitch seams.
You can find all of these tutorials with photos and video at: Easy No Sew Fall Pillow
These three fall pillow tutorials are perfect for adding warmth and style to your home decor on a budget. Experiment with different designs and colors to create a cozy ambiance for the upcoming fall season. Which one is your favorite? Let us know in the comments below!
DIY Chalkboard Fall Sign: Reusable Seasonal Home Decor
Do you want a DIY fall sign? Here is one using a few items from Dollar Tree that can be customized and adjusted for any season or holiday.
Today we’re going to show you an easy project. We will make some easy diy chalkboard signs. They are a great way to add to your outdoor fall decorations. I will show you how adjustable they are for just about any occasion in your home.
You cand find the full tutorial with photos and video at: Easy Dollar Tree Diy Fall Sign That Can Be Adjusted For Any Season
Easy Dollar Store Fall Upcycle
I was at the dollar store and found these super cute wooden pieces for fall. I grabbed a few and upcycled them into fall decor for my home.
You can find the full tutorial with photos and video at: Easy Dollar Store Fall Upcycle
Delightful Fall Gnome
Do you love gnomes? I just love these little guys. Adorable DIY gnomes can be dressed up in different ways to make a farmhouse gnome, cute Christmas gnomes, garden gnomes, or even little gnomes to use as gnome ornaments. Homemade gnomes are a great way to decorate for any holiday season and the best part is you can make these inexpensive crafts using everyday items. I’m sharing how to make an awesome and easy autumn DIY gnome with craft supplies you can get at the craft store, thrift store, hobby lobby, and dollar tree!
You can find the full tutorial with pictures: Awesome and Easy Autumn DIY Gnome with Video
Dollar Tree DIY Fall Decor Ideas Video:
More Dollar Tree DIY Fall Decor Ideas
Have you ever wondered how to make a clothespin wreath? Or even better yet, how to make a sunflower clothespin wreath? Today I’m sharing how to make a clothespin sunflower wreath with Rit Dye, paint, a pack of clothespins (or some you have around the house), a wreath form, faux flowers, and burlap ribbon. You can find the full tutorial at How To Make A DIY Clothespin Sunflower Wreath
How to make affordable centerpieces? Easy Pilgrim Hat Centerpiece
Looking for an easy fall craft you can leave up all season? Maybe something that can be an easy centerpiece or part of a fall tablescape? I’m sharing an easy pilgrim hat centerpiece and it only cost me $3. You can find the full tutorial at Easy Pilgrim Hat Centerpiece. For this you can use fall leaves you collect or fake leaves.
How do you make a simple Dollar Tree wreath? Natural Fall Wreath
I love the changing colors during the fall. I grew up in Minnesota and we had SO many beautiful colors. Now that I’m in Colorado we just don’t have nearly the colors other places have and I miss that. You can preserve the beauty from the outside and use it in a craft. This project will cost almost nothing to make because you are using items just outside your door (and a grapevine wreath). It is a great way to welcome visitors to your front porch. You can find the full tutorial at Natural Fall Wreath.
I’m a seasonal decorator and I love making things that I get to leave up for 3 months at a time. This glitter pumpkin is one of my favorite decorations and it looks great on the fireplace mantle. It is inexpensive and super easy to make and you can make it the color of your choice. Great for kids, girl’s night out, party favors, etc. You can find the full tutorial at Super Easy Glitter Pumpkin
I have been wanting some silver owls for my home, but some places sell them for tons of money!!! I ran across these owl salt and pepper shakers at Dollar Tree (love that place) and knew with a little spray paint I could give them a new look and up-cycle them to those expensive ones I wanted for a lot less money. You can find the full tutorial at Upcycled Dollar Store Owls
I had some old glass bottles that I had been saving for a home decor project. With fall coming it’s the perfect time to create DIY pumpkin decor for your home. You can find the easy steps at DIY Pumpkin Decor Using A Glass Bottle
Placemats and Table Markers
In addition to all of these Dollar Tree fall crafts, I’m sure there are even more fall décor I’ve created on this website that I’ve forgotten to add to this list, so please feel free to look around. I have added tissue paper to bottles and jars to create pumpkins, filled mason jars with pinecones, walnuts, and helicopter seeds, used dollar vines to create a fall garland to put on fireplace mantels, and more.
You can find the full tutorial with photos at: Easy Placemats & Table Markers
Easy Cinnamon Stick Candle – Great for Holidays and Gifts
Making this cinnamon stick candle is easy, inexpensive and it makes a great holiday decoration &/or gift!
You an find the full tutorial with photos at: Easy Cinnamon Stick Candle – Great for Holidays and Gifts
Faux Tree Candle Holders
I recently made some real tree branch candle holders but I realized not everyone wants to saw and drill. I came up with a way for you to still enjoy the same look in a simpler and inexpensive way to make them yourself!
You can find the full tutorial with photos at: Faux Tree Candle Holders
A Dollar Store Pumpkin – 3 Ways to Have Fun!
All you need is one styrofoam pumpkin and there are so many ways to have fun with it! These easy crafts are great for kids, girls night out, Halloween parties, party favors, etc. Pumpkin crafts aren’t just for halloween, these easy tutorials can be adapted for fall or Thanksgiving decorations as well.
You can find the tutorials with pictures at: A Dollar Store Pumpkin – 3 Ways to Have Fun!
Easy Seasonal Candle Holder
This project is very easy, inexpensive, and changeable with every season! You only need a few items – a candle holder, window clings, and light source. This will make a great for a gift idea, crafting night, kid’s project, etc.
You can find the full tutorial with photos at: Easy Seasonal Candle Holder
You might enjoy some of my other fun DIY projects
- Dollar Store Pumpkins
- Dollar Tree Crafts
- Dollar Tree Foam Pumpkins
- Plastic Pumpkin Makeover
- Pumpkin Glass Vase Makeover
- Halloween Projects
Learn more about “Creating Seasonal Decor for Your Home” to create seasonal decor that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg.
Shop any of these stores and I receive a small commission at no cost to you.
Congratulations! You’ve now mastered the art of Dollar Tree DIY fall decor. These step-by-step projects have brought the beauty of autumn into your home in creative and budget-friendly ways. From enchanting plunger tree displays to charming pumpkin candle holders, your space is now adorned with a touch of fall magic. Which projects are you most excited to try? Let us know