Are you looking for some Halloween vase ideas? Do you have a bunch of vases on hand? If not, you can find some at your local craft store or Dollar Tree and make these Halloween crafts. Try these couple of repurposed ideas – ghost & pumpkin vases. Now let’s get started on some of these Halloween decoration ideas!
Halloween Vase Ideas
If you have a ton of vases you might be asking the following questions:
- What can I do with unused vases?
- What else can you use a vase for?
- How do you display a vase without flowers?
- How do you decorate with empty vases?
We’re going to dive into several things you can make with those vases for Halloween!
Make a pumpkin out of a vase.
The pumpkin vase I painted with folk art acrylic paint on the inside. Orange for the body and brown for the stem. On the outside of the pumpkin I took some steel wire from the dollar store and added some green beads to it for the vine. I used a hot glue gun to adhere that plus a few leaves to the outside as embellishments.
I decided to keep mine outside and added solar lights to them.
Create a glowing ghost with a vase.
I spray-painted the 2 ghost vases with this spray. Once it’s dry – add permanent marker eyes to the ghosts.
I placed the frosted vase over top of the solar light like he was flying.
These will be great to greet guests for a Halloween party.
You could also use them to greet trick-or-treaters.
More Halloween Vase Ideas
Do you want to make a Halloween ghost craft?
I love the Halloween season and I am always looking for an easy DIY Halloween decoration idea that will add some Halloween fun to the season. DIY Halloween decorations really give me Halloween vibes. You can make these easy DIY ghosts by turning a regular vase into a glittery and glowing ghost. It is such a fun idea! You can find the full tutorial and video at Easy and Awesome Halloween Ghost Craft with Video
Make a Jack-O Lantern out of a vase
Jack-O Lantern – paint the vase with orange paint and then add a jack o lantern face to the outside with black acrylic paint. Or tip it upside down, and make a ghost! Just use the frosted glass paint for the body and some black paint for the eyes. You can find this tutorial at Bud Vase Pumpkins & Ghosts!
Shop any of these stores and I receive a small commission at no cost to you.
Other vase creation ideas:
- Place a light inside and some fake spider web, cheesecloth, or cotton. Hot glue a bunch of plastic spiders to the outside.
- DIY skull vase – Coat the vase with white spray paint and draw on a face to look like skulls or Jack Skellinton
- Candy Corn – Use three different colors of spray paint – yellow, orange, and white
- Fill the bowl of the vase with a variety of different things to create a fun look. Ideas include feathers, mini pumpkins, candy corn, candy, colored water, faux flowers, gourds, etc. This would be great on the dining table for a Halloween dinner party. You can even add LED candlesticks or candles to the inside of the vase for added glow.
Check out some of my similar projects!
You can get the same effect with a mason jar or the top of a lantern.
Using a little spray paint, fabric, lace or googly eyes is a fun way to make your unused vases into a Halloween centerpiece.