We love all seasons at our house, and all for different reasons. One of my favorites is fall! There is so much to do in the fall and to embrace that I’m sharing a reusable Fall To-Do list with you to enjoy! Our family does this every year and our goal is to try and get everything crossed off. To do this fall includes September-November in our house – plenty of time.
How do I make a fall bucket list?
Create your Fall To-Do list on your computer. Make a list of things you like to do in the fall – go to a pumpkin patch, bake with apples, watch a football game, sit around a fire, etc. If you would like to use my Fall To-Do list you can use this link to print it… Fall To Do List.
When you are ready print your list out and let it dry.
Next you’ll need a frame – make sure it will fit a regular sized sheet of paper in it, otherwise you can adjust your paper size to fit the frame.
Remove the back and place your paper inside the frame.
You’re almost ready – now for the dry erase marker.
Cut some ribbon to attach your dry erase marker.
Tie the ribbon to the back of the frame and the other end to the dry erase marker.
It’s ready to use!
Once you have done something on the list, use the dry erase marker to check it off. Continue all fall to check off the items you do and see how many you can accomplish.
You can change this up for every season if you wish!
What we are doing in autumn season?
Other fall bucket list ideas:
Here are some fun fall activities you might want to include in your list!
- Watch a scary movie
- Make caramel apples
- Carving Pumpkins
- Curl up in a cozy blanket and read
- Attend fall festivals
- Drive and look at fall foliage
- Decorate with fall decor
- Stop at Starbucks for a Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Go for a bike ride
- Eat some candy corn
- Stop by a farmers market
- Eat some chili
- Roast pumpkin seeds
- Make a pumpkin pie
- Make an apple pie
- Go to a corn maze
- Bake pumpkin bread
- Collect fall leaves to make a fall wreath
- Go to a local fall festival
- Go on a fall picnic
- Make apple cider
- Go apple picking or visit an apple orchard
- Make a Diy Halloween costume
- Start a gratitude journal
- Plan a Thanksgiving menu
This is also the perfect time of year to clean your closets and replace your summer clothes with those cozy sweaters.
Reusable Fall To Do List Video
Shop any of these stores and I receive a small commission at no cost to you.
Check out some of my other fall posts!
- Easy and Beautiful Fall Candle
- Awesome and Easy DIY Fall Tree Branch with Video
- Easy Dollar Tree Fall Games for All Season Long
How do you get a cozy fall day?
Creating a cozy fall day involves setting the right ambiance, engaging in activities that evoke warmth and comfort, and embracing the seasonal elements that make fall special. Here’s how you can achieve it:
- Decorate your space: Use warm, earthy colors like deep reds, oranges, and browns to create a cozy atmosphere. Incorporate fall-themed decor such as pumpkins, leaves, and candles.
- Warm lighting: Use soft, warm lighting to create a comfortable and inviting ambiance. Consider using string lights, candles, and lanterns to add a touch of coziness to your space.
- Comfortable textiles: Bring out plush blankets, soft pillows, and warm throws to make your space feel snug and inviting. Consider using materials like flannel, faux fur, and knit fabrics.
- Fall scents: Light scented candles or use essential oils with fall-inspired fragrances such as cinnamon, apple, vanilla, and pumpkin spice to fill your space with comforting aromas.
- Hot beverages: Brew a cup of your favorite fall-inspired drink, such as pumpkin spice latte, chai tea, or hot apple cider. The warmth of the beverage can add to the cozy feeling.
- Baking and cooking: Spend time in the kitchen preparing comfort foods and baked goods. The smell of fresh baking can contribute to the cozy ambiance.
- Outdoor activities: If weather permits, spend time outdoors enjoying fall activities like apple picking, hiking through colorful foliage, or having a picnic with warm blankets.
- Reading nook: Set up a comfortable reading nook with a cozy chair, a soft blanket, and a stack of your favorite books or magazines.
- Music and ambiance: Play soft, acoustic, or instrumental music that suits the season. You can also use ambient sound apps to simulate sounds like crackling fireplaces or rain falling.
- Crafts and DIY projects: Engage in creative activities like making fall-themed crafts, wreaths, or decorations. This can be a relaxing way to spend your day.
- Movie or TV marathon: Choose your favorite fall movies or TV shows and have a movie marathon snuggled up in your cozy space.
- Self-care: Set aside time for self-care activities such as taking a warm bath, practicing meditation, or doing gentle yoga.
- Bonfire or fireplace: If you have access to a fireplace or a safe outdoor area, gather around a bonfire or light a fire in your fireplace for added warmth and ambiance.
- Cozy clothing: Put on your favorite sweaters, scarves, and fuzzy socks to stay warm and comfortable.
- Nature walks: Take a leisurely stroll through parks or nature trails to appreciate the beauty of fall foliage.
Remember, creating a cozy fall day is all about embracing the sensory experiences and activities that make this season special to you. Personalize the above suggestions to fit your preferences and enjoy a relaxing and comforting fall day.
What is the fall season known for?
The fall season, also known as autumn, is known for several distinct characteristics and features that make it a unique and cherished time of year. Here are some things that the fall season is known for:
- Changing Leaves: One of the most iconic features of fall is the vibrant change in the color of leaves on trees. Trees transition from lush green to shades of red, orange, yellow, and brown, creating a breathtaking display of natural beauty.
- Cooler Weather: Fall is characterized by a gradual decrease in temperatures as summer transitions into winter. The air becomes crisper and cooler, making it a comfortable and refreshing season for outdoor activities.
- Harvest Season: Fall is traditionally associated with the harvest of crops. Many fruits and vegetables, such as apples, pumpkins, squash, and grapes, are ripe and ready for picking during this time.
- Holidays: Fall is home to several widely celebrated holidays, including Halloween and Thanksgiving. These holidays are marked by unique traditions, decorations, and gatherings with family and friends.
- Back-to-School: Fall marks the beginning of the school year in many parts of the world. Students return to school after summer break, and parents and teachers prepare for a new academic year.
- Pumpkin Everything: Pumpkins become a symbol of fall, not only for carving jack-o’-lanterns but also for creating a variety of treats like pumpkin pie, pumpkin spice lattes, and other pumpkin-flavored foods.
- Cosy Atmosphere: As the weather cools down, people start to embrace coziness by wearing warm clothing, sipping hot beverages, and spending more time indoors. The fall season is associated with comfort, relaxation, and warmth.
- Festivals and Fairs: Many communities host fall festivals, fairs, and events that celebrate the season. These events often feature activities like hayrides, corn mazes, apple picking, and live entertainment.
- Migration and Wildlife: Fall is a time of migration for many bird species and animals. It’s common to see flocks of birds flying south for the winter, creating opportunities for birdwatching.
- Nature Walks: The cooler weather and stunning foliage make fall an ideal time for outdoor activities like hiking and nature walks. Many people take advantage of this season to explore parks and trails.
- Cozy Fashion: Fall fashion is characterized by layering clothing, wearing warm sweaters, scarves, and boots. The shift in weather allows for more creative and stylish clothing choices.
- Gardening and Landscaping: Fall is also a season for preparing gardens and landscapes for the colder months ahead. It’s a time for planting bulbs that will bloom in the spring and for tidying up outdoor spaces.
Overall, the fall season is known for its vibrant colors, cooler temperatures, cozy atmosphere, and a sense of transition from the heat of summer to the crispness of winter. It’s a time for celebration, reflection, and embracing the beauty of change.
What is a favorite fall activity?
A favorite fall activity can vary greatly depending on personal preferences and cultural traditions. However, one popular fall activity that many people enjoy is apple picking. Apple picking combines the joy of being outdoors in the crisp fall air with the opportunity to gather fresh, ripe apples directly from orchard trees. Here’s why apple picking is a favorite fall activity for many:
- Connection to Nature: Apple picking allows individuals and families to connect with nature and enjoy the beauty of orchards during the fall season. The changing leaves and serene environment create a picturesque setting for outdoor enjoyment.
- Quality Time: Apple picking often involves spending quality time with loved ones. Families and friends can engage in the activity together, creating lasting memories and bonding over the experience.
- Fresh and Local Produce: Picking apples straight from the tree ensures that you’re getting fresh and locally grown produce. This is not only enjoyable but also supports local farmers and promotes sustainable agriculture.
- Variety of Apples: Orchards typically offer a variety of apple types to choose from, each with its own unique flavor and texture. This variety allows you to taste and select apples that suit your preferences.
- Delicious Treats: After the apple-picking adventure, you can use the freshly picked apples to make a variety of delicious treats such as apple pies, apple crisps, caramel apples, applesauce, and more.
- Autumn Atmosphere: Apple orchards often embody the spirit of fall with their rustic charm, pumpkin patches, hayrides, and other seasonal activities. The atmosphere is cozy and festive, contributing to the overall enjoyment of the experience.
- Learning Opportunity: Apple picking provides an opportunity to learn about different apple varieties, the process of growing and harvesting apples, and the importance of supporting local agriculture.
- Physical Activity: Walking through the orchards, reaching for apples, and carrying bags of apples can provide a moderate form of exercise while enjoying the outdoors.
- Tradition: For many families and individuals, apple picking is a cherished fall tradition that they look forward to year after year. It’s a way to mark the changing of the seasons and create a sense of continuity.
- Photography: The picturesque landscapes and colorful apple trees make for great photo opportunities. Many people enjoy capturing the beauty of the orchards and the fall scenery.
Remember that fall offers a range of activities, and what’s a favorite for one person might differ for another. Whether it’s apple picking, pumpkin carving, hiking, enjoying warm beverages, or simply cozying up indoors, the fall season is rich with opportunities for enjoyment and relaxation.