Do you want easy Christmas crafts to make and sell? I have 51 projects for you that are fun to make and won’t cost you a fortune.
Let’s get started on our easy Christmas crafts to make and sell
Are you asking these questions?
- What crafts can I make and sell for Christmas?
- What are some easy Christmas crafts to make?
Let’s get started on some of the best Christmas crafts so you can make a little extra money this holiday season. If you don’t want to sell these DIY Christmas craft ideas, no problem keep them as Christmas decor for yourself or give them away as DIY Christmas gifts.
These cute flower pots can be made and sold. You can fill them before selling or let others purchase them and fill them with what they would like. You can find the full tutorial at Easy and Cute Non-Toy Kid Gifts on a Budget Isn’t the reindeer cute? Or maybe the gingerbread, or snowman…. which one do you like best?
Ornaments are a great thing to make and sell during the holidays. These cute ornaments are super easy to make and can be customized in several ways. Grab your hot glue gun and create this DIY Christmas craft today. You can find the full tutorial at 2 Cute and Easy Dollar Tree Ornaments
Grab a tube of Dollar Tree Christmas ornaments and upcycle them 8 different ways! This particular one was made from a hat, but you could choose any fabric you like, or wrap it in yarn. You can find the full tutorial at 8 Easy DIY Ornament Gifts.
Turn dollar store wine glasses and recycled bottles into stunning candle holders. These can be customized in several ways, and are so very easy to make. Find the full tutorial at Beautiful and Easy Wine Glass Candle Holder
Create these fun winter glasses from dollar store wine glasses. I made a set for myself and LOVE them. I get tons of compliments and ask if I sell these all of the time. You can find the full tutorial at Painting Aspen Trees To Make Easy and Stunning Wine Glasses
Aren’t these guys so cute? They’re made with pans from Dollar Tree and cost so little to make. You can whip several of these out to sell at your next crafting event. You can find the full tutorial at Penguin and Snowman Decorations
These two can be made with any size of the same pot, so make them small, medium, and large to sell. You can find the full tutorial at Santa & Snowman Decorations
Create this super easy kid’s advent calendar with a few supplies from Dollar Tree. These can easily be sold to anyone with kids who are looking forward to filling Santa’s beard. You can find the full tutorial at DIY Kids Advent Calendar
Want another countdown calendar? Try this easy chalkboard sign made from a tree blank from the dollar store. You can also let kids have fun decorating this tree again and again. Find the full tutorial at Chalkboard Tree and Message Board
Wooden Christmas crafts – Turn 4 x 4s into this super cute snowman family. Add more to create more members of the family and customize boys and girls. You can find the full tutorial at Wooden Snowman Family
Use glass candle holders found at thrift stores to create this fun and a magical snowman to sell. You can find the full tutorial at Glass Candle Holder Snowman
Just like the snowman, grab a few candle holders and stack them to make glass Christmas trees. You can find the full tutorial at Glass Candle Holder Christmas Tree
Grab sign blanks at the dollar store and upcycle them in different ways to create lovely signs you can sell. You can find the full tutorial at 4 Dollar Store Sign Upcycles
” Modern Nutcracker
Grab dollar store Nutcrackers, strip them down, and then paint them a solid color. You’ll have upscaled decor to sell just like the big box stores. You can find the full tutorial at $2 Modern Nutcracker
Yes, these are made from pool noodles! For just a couple of dollars, you can make candy canes, a cute elf, or big garland-covered wreaths and words. You can find the full tutorial at 3 Holiday Pool Noodle Hacks
Create these cute little nightlights to sell. They’re just a couple of items from the dollar store too! You can find the full tutorial at Easy Winter Light Up Snowman Craft
Grab a couple of vases and some accessories from the dollar store and thrift store and you can make this super cute snowman to sell. You can find the full tutorial at How To Make A Snowman Craft
Buy a package or two of some coffee filters and create all of this fun decor that you can sell. Find the full tutorial over at 5 Beautiful Dollar Tree Christmas Crafts For Under $1
Buy an inexpensive mirror, add glue through a stencil, sprinkle with glitter and you can create beautiful holiday artwork to sell. You can find the full tutorial at Glittery Mirror for the Holidays
Just grab a couple of wreath forms from Dollar Tree, use tinsel, spray paint, or whatever you like to create these 2 easy wreaths to sell. You can find the full tutorial at 2 Easy Snowman Wreaths
Just add bells to an old hanger and you have a fun and festive wreath. Add a ribbon if you like, and use different colored bells to create different looks. You can find the full tutorial at Jingle Bell Wreath
Head to the thrift store and grab some of these trees and snowmen to create another fun holiday decor that you can sell. You can find the full tutorial at DIY Christmas Gift Ideas
Here’s another easy snowman you can create with just a few items from the dollar store and some paint. Add a lightbulb to create a lovely glow for the holidays. You can find the full tutorial at Easy Snowman – Great Kids Craft Too!
Grab a glass block from the craft store, add some lights and a blow and you have a lovely glowing gift. You can find the full tutorial at Plain Glass Block to Glowing Gift
Turn dollar store or thrift store puzzle pieces into snowflake magnets or ornaments. You can find the full tutorial at Beautiful Snowflake From Puzzle Pieces
Add a little paint to candles and you have super cute snowman candles to sell. You can find the full tutorial at Easy DIY Snowman Candles
Grab some tree branches, cut them, drill out a hole, and you have candle holders for almost free. You can find the full tutorial at How To Make Real Tree DIY Candle Holders For Free
Grab a mug from Dollar Tree or the thrift store, add a little paint, optional hot chocolate, and peppermint candy cane and you have a great item to sell or gift. You can find the full tutorial at Easy DIY Snowman Mug
Grab some crates, paint, and decorations and you can sell this cute little red truck that can be used year-round and for every season. You can find the full tutorial at How To Make A DIY Crate Red Pickup Truck
Shop any of these stores and I receive a small commission at no cost to you.
Want to see some of these DIY crafts and creations in my home, check out my home tour.
How To Make Pine Cones Smell Like Cinnamon
Do you love the cinnamon scent of the cinnamon pine cones the stores sell? How To Make Pine Cones Smell Like Cinnamon? For many, this is a favorite holiday scent during the winter months. I’m sharing an easy way to make pine cones take on the smell of cinnamon and make your whole home smell like the holiday season. You can use cinnamon, essential oils, or whatever you like. I will also share my favorite ways to display them in your home. You can find the full tutorial at How To Make Pine Cones Smell Like Cinnamon
Further Reading DIY Christmas Gifts To Sell
- How To Make Bath Bombs
- Stunning DIY Photo Lantern for Any Occasion and Memorial Day Craft
- 6 Non Flower Bouquets: Easy DIY Gifts on a Budget
- How To Engrave Metal: A Beginner’s Guide
- Wood Cutting Tools: The Ultimate Guide
- Easy and Natural Ingredient Hand Scrub DIYs with Awesome Results
Christmas Crafts To Make and Sell Q & A:
What crafts sell best at Christmas?
Several crafts tend to sell well during the Christmas season, as people are often looking for unique and festive decorations or gifts. Here are some popular Christmas crafts that tend to be in demand:
- Handmade ornaments are always popular. Consider using various materials such as wood, felt, or clay to create unique and personalized ornaments.
- Christmas wreaths, especially those with a personalized touch or unique design, are sought after. You can use a variety of materials like pinecones, ribbons, or even unconventional items to create eye-catching wreaths.
- Personalized stockings make for great gifts. You can sew, knit, or crochet stockings and add names or festive designs to make them special.
- Decorative candles, especially those with holiday scents, are popular during Christmas. Consider adding festive shapes or colors to make them more appealing.
- Handmade Cards:
- Customized Christmas cards are always appreciated. You can use various techniques such as stamping, embossing, or hand-painting to create unique cards.
- Festive Pillows:
- Handmade pillows with Christmas-themed designs or quotes can add a cozy touch to holiday decor.
- Advent Calendars:
- Advent calendars with small, individually wrapped gifts or treats for each day leading up to Christmas are popular. You can make them using various materials and themes.
- Christmas Tree Skirts:
- Handmade tree skirts can be a beautiful addition to someone’s holiday decor. You can use fabrics with festive patterns or add embellishments for a unique touch.
- Holiday-themed Apparel:
- T-shirts, sweaters, or hats with Christmas-themed designs can be popular. Consider adding funny quotes or cute illustrations.
- Holiday Baked Goods:
- While not a traditional craft, handmade holiday cookies, cakes, and other treats can also be popular for sale during the Christmas season. Consider packaging them in festive ways.
Remember to consider your target audience, market trends, and the quality of your craftsmanship when deciding on the type of crafts to sell. Additionally, marketing and presentation play crucial roles in attracting buyers, so make sure to showcase your crafts in an appealing manner, both online and in-person if applicable.
What is the top selling craft item?
Determining the absolute top-selling craft item can be challenging as it can vary depending on factors such as location, trends, and consumer preferences. However, some craft items consistently perform well in the market due to their broad appeal and versatility. Keep in mind that this information may evolve over time, and it’s always a good idea to stay updated on current trends. As of my last knowledge update in January 2022, some perennially popular craft items include:
- Handmade Jewelry:
- Unique and personalized jewelry pieces, including bracelets, necklaces, and earrings, often have a steady demand.
- Decorative and scented candles are popular for both personal use and gifting.
- Handmade Greeting Cards:
- Customized and artistic greeting cards, especially for special occasions like birthdays, weddings, and holidays.
- Homemade Soap and Bath Products:
- Artisanal soaps, bath bombs, and other skincare products with natural ingredients and unique scents.
- Knit or Crochet Items:
- Scarves, hats, and blankets crafted through knitting or crocheting often have a consistent market, especially during colder seasons.
- Home Decor Items:
- Handmade home decor, such as throw pillows, wall art, and decorative items, can be popular.
- Personalized Items:
- Customized items like monogrammed mugs, engraved cutting boards, and personalized gifts often have a high demand.
- Prints and Illustrations:
- Artistic prints, illustrations, and paintings can appeal to those looking to decorate their homes with unique pieces.
- Upcycled or Recycled Crafts:
- Items crafted from recycled materials, such as upcycled furniture or accessories, align with eco-friendly trends.
- DIY Craft Kits:
- Kits that provide materials and instructions for various crafts, allowing buyers to create their own handmade items.
The popularity of specific craft items can also be influenced by seasonal trends and cultural events. To determine the top-selling craft item in your specific context, it’s advisable to conduct market research, consider local preferences, and stay updated on current consumer trends in the crafting industry.
Where can I sell Christmas Crafts?
Selling Christmas crafts can be a rewarding endeavor, and there are various platforms and venues where you can showcase and sell your handmade items. Here are some popular options:
- Online Marketplaces:
- Etsy: A popular platform for handmade and vintage items. Etsy has a dedicated section for holiday-themed crafts.
- Amazon Handmade: This section of Amazon is specifically for handmade items, including Christmas crafts.
- eBay: You can set up your own online store on eBay to sell your crafts.
- Craft Fairs and Markets:
- Look for local craft fairs, holiday markets, or Christmas bazaars in your community. These events provide direct interaction with customers.
- Social Media:
- Utilize social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest to showcase and sell your Christmas crafts. You can set up an online shop or direct customers to your preferred selling platform.
- Your Own Website:
- If you have the technical skills or resources, consider creating your own website to sell your crafts. This gives you more control over the selling process.
- Local Boutiques and Shops:
- Approach local gift shops, boutiques, or consignment stores that may be interested in carrying handmade Christmas crafts.
- Holiday Bazaars and Church Events:
- Many churches and community organizations host holiday bazaars or Christmas events where vendors can sell their crafts.
- Pop-Up Shops:
- Collaborate with other local artisans to organize a pop-up shop during the holiday season. This can be a temporary storefront or a shared space.
- Community Centers and Art Galleries:
- Check if local community centers or art galleries have spaces available for artists to display and sell their work.
- Holiday Craft Shows:
- Some cities organize large holiday craft shows that attract a significant number of visitors. Look for opportunities to participate in such events.
- Word of Mouth:
- Let friends, family, and colleagues know about your Christmas crafts. Word of mouth can be a powerful tool for reaching potential customers.
When selling Christmas crafts, it’s important to consider your target audience, pricing strategy, and marketing efforts. Take high-quality photos of your crafts, provide clear product descriptions, and consider offering promotions or discounts during the holiday season. Additionally, ensure that your items are well-packaged for shipping or display.
Now check out my friends and what they have been up to!
- Easy Christmas Crafts to Make and Sell Chas’ Crazy Creations
- Make This Stunning Light Up Christmas Display From Dollar Store Bowls Celebrate And Decorate
- 2021 Christmas Tour First Stop The Dining Room The Dedicated House
- Christmas In The Dining Room Thrifting Wonderland
- Salt Dough Cookie Garland Design Morsels
- Simple Vintage Inspired Ornaments The Crowned Goat
- Twine Tree Tutorial Saved From Salvage
- Whipped Topping Candy My Recipe Treasures
- Christmas Cheer With Father Christmas Common Ground
- A Gift Guide And Yesteryear Wisdom for Our Arduous Trek When Losing After 50 The Inspired Eater
- Snowmen Bring Christmas Cheer to the Fireplace Penny’s Treasures