Do you want to make an easy flower pot snowman and Santa? I’m at it again with more clay pot crafts. Today I am making holiday decor with terra cotta pots! This time… Santa and a Snowman. These are inexpensive projects for a fun Christmas craft that the whole family will enjoy. This is a great craft that uses simple supplies you can find at any craft store. Most garden supply stores will have clay flower pots. These festive characters will also make fun gifts at Christmas time or are just a great addition to your holiday decoration. I had so much fun making these flower clay pot characters, so, let’s get started!
Flower Pot Snowman and Santa Materials
For both the Santa and Snowman craft I started with two different sizes of terra cotta clay pots, 4 and 10 inch.
Flower pot snowman and Santa instructions
Santa – I painted 3 Apple Barrel Red and 1 of them with Apple Barrel Black around the top for the belt. I painted the last one with Waverly Paint in the color Ballet Slipper.
Snowman – I painted 3 of them with Apple Barrel White paint and one with Folk Art Chalkboard paint.
Once the paint dried, I used silicone to put them together in this shape.
Santa – I painted a belt buckle using Folk Art Treasure Gold paint. I used a long piece of batting/snow that I found at Dollar Tree and glued it under the belt.
I glued more of the snow/batting on the top for his hat.
I added a little Mod Podge and glued one last section of batting/snow to his chest.
I used a hot glue gun to attach fake cobwebs for hair, beard, mustache, and eyebrows. I drew his eyes and nose, as well as gave him rosy cheeks with a pink crayon.
Snowman – I painted the white part of the snowman with sparkle Mod Podge.
I hot glued on some white ribbon to cover one of the seams, and I hot glued on 3 snowflake ornaments as the “buttons”.
I hot glued on red ribbon onto the hat.
I hot glued on 2 buttons for eyes, and I drew on a carrot nose and smiley face.
I added a scarf to his neck. I also added 2 ball solar lights to the top of each Santa and the Snowman.
- Acrylic paint is great because it cleans up easily with water
- I love my hot glue guns and I have different temperatures that range from cool glue to hot glue. These are great when working with kids so they do not burn themselves while making this cute craft
- If you want you can create a snowman planter by omitting the top flower pot.
- You could use a plastic bucket instead of a terra cotta pot
- I have several other snowman projects that you might want to check out. This can be a great winter craft that can stay up all season long.
- You can learn about the history of the snowman
Flower Pot Snowman and Santa vIDEO
Shop any of these stores and I receive a small commission at no cost to you.
Learn more about “Creating Seasonal Decor for Your Home” to create seasonal decor that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg.
Check out some of my other decor!