Do you want to know how to make a Santa out of a mop head? As most of you know, I love coming up with unique, fun crafts, especially for Christmas decor. Mop head crafts are so much fun and inexpensive. Here’s my tutorial on how to make a mop head Santa.
Have you every looked for instructions on a project and couldn’t find them? It’s so frustrating. I had many requests to make a tutorial on this, so here goes!
HOW TO MAKE A MOP HEAD SANTA Materials
- google eyes
- Santa ornament hat
- rubber band
- pom pom or cotton ball
The best part is that almost all of the items you need for this project can be found at the dollar store.
Here are the Santa Mop Head Instructions:
You’ll start with a Dollar Tree mop. The first thing I did was take the mop head off the pole.
I took a portion of the strands of the mop and pulled them back behind the mop base then secured them like a ponytail with a rubber band.
I then sectioned off a few more mop strings just under the top and pulled them to either side to become a mustache.
I used a hot glue gun to attach 2 google eyes, and a pom pom nose.
Can you see the mop Santa yet?
I twisted each mustache side, pulled both sides around the back of the santa head and created another ponytail using a rubber band to secure it.
I hot glued santa’s hat on top of the mop head .
I used some fishing line and pulled it through the mop strands, and tied it in a loop so the Santa could be hung if I wanted.
For now I just placed him on my mantel. I think this little guy is adorable!!
Are you ready to make this mop Santa craft?
Here are some other ideas for your Santa
- an old wet mop (that is now retired and dry)
- shower curtain rings that you loop the top part of socks around to make ornaments
- use the top of a gnome to get you started and maybe use some men’s socks for the beard or pieces of yarn
- use a piece of cardboard to make things like the hat or a way to stand it for the finishing touches
- if you want a body you can use rain boots
- you can change this into a Santa gnome if you prefer
Shop any of these stores and I receive a small commission at no cost to you.