Do you want to make Christmas crafts to sell? I have 13 easy and adjustable holiday crafts that you can start making today! These easy Christmas crafts are sure to get you in the holiday spirit during this festive season. DIY Christmas decorations make great Christmas gifts and for the most part, use just basic craft supplies. They are also a fun way to make extra cash at Christmas time by selling them at local craft fairs, Christmas markets, holiday craft fairs or a holiday bazaar.
What crafts can I make and sell for Christmas?
Here’s the list of Christmas Crafts to Sell
For our next holiday craft, I created a snowman and reindeer candle holder I wanted to share with you. In addition to that, I created a wine bottle Christmas tree. These would make a great gift and you can adjust these easily and change up the colors. Here’s the full tutorial – Wine Glass Candle Holder
Do you want an easy DIY Christmas craft? Here are some Santa and snowman decorations. Create holiday decor with terra cotta flower pots! I used 10″ flower pots, and you can easily adjust these to any size. You can find the tutorial here – Santa & Snowman Decorations
My kids always enjoyed a holiday countdown calendar, in fact, it was such a huge hit they both still do them to this day. It’s an easy DIY kid’s Advent calender. This simple craft is a great way to spend quality time with your kids making homemade Christmas decorations. It can be used every year and will create great memories. This would also be the perfect item to share with family and friends during the Christmas season. Here’s the full tutorial – DIY Kids Advent Calendar
I love to decorate seasonally, then you can leave things up for 3 months rather than just one. I love snowmen for this very reason, and here is how I created a wooden snowman family for the winter months. You can find the full tutorial here – Wooden Snowman Family
I love going to the thrift store and seeing what I can make from things I find without spending much extra money. I had found this amazing glass hat and knew I just needed to create a snowman for it. You can find the full tutorial here – Glass Candle Holder Snowman
I found modern lacquer Nutcrackers on West Elm, Pottery Barn, etc for a minimum of $40! I grabbed a couple of dollar store Nutcrackers and did the same thing for only $2!You can find the full tutorial here – $2 Modern Nutcracker
Do you want to know how to make a Santa out of a mop head? Mop head crafts are fun and easy to make without spending a lot of money. Here’s my tutorial on how to make a mop head Santa. You can find the full tutorial here – How To Make A Mop Head Santa DIY
Want a great craft idea that is fun and unique? Do Nutcrackers always make popular home decorations? Make one of these flower pot Nutcrackers. You can easily adjust the size. You can find the full tutorial here – Nutcracker Flower Pot Solider
Learn more about “Creating Seasonal Decor for Your Home” to create seasonal decor that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg.
Want to see some of my Christmas crafts to sell?
Watch my Christmas Home Tour and see if you can spot some of my DIYs in the video.
Some other great Christmas crafts you can sell include:
If you’re looking to capitalize on the holiday season with a selection of best-selling Christmas crafts to sell, Etsy is a fantastic platform to showcase your unique creations. Whether you’re into DIY crafts or have a knack for crafting Christmas ornaments, there are plenty of opportunities to delight buyers during the holiday season.
Mini Christmas Ornaments: One of the most sought-after Christmas craft ideas on Etsy is crafting mini Christmas ornaments. These tiny treasures can be adorned with ribbons, glitter, and scents to create a fragrant and visually appealing addition to holiday home decor. You can find inspiration for these best Christmas crafts on the platform, where other sellers showcase their artistic creations.
Gingerbread and Candies: Gingerbread-themed crafts, whether in the form of ornaments, garlands, or gingerbread-scented candles, are highly popular during the holiday season. Similarly, crafting candy cane-themed decor or holiday gift baskets filled with delectable candies can be a sweet addition to your Etsy store.
Jewelry for the Season: If you’re skilled in making jewelry, consider crafting Christmas-themed jewelry. Pendants with deer motifs, candy canes, or miniature lantern charms can be excellent sellers in the months leading up to December. Shoppers often look for unique pieces to wear during holiday gatherings or to give as gifts.
Wooden Christmas Crafts: Wooden Christmas crafts have a timeless appeal. Consider creating wooden ornaments, signs, or figurines with intricate designs. These best-selling Christmas crafts can be decorated with twine, ribbons, or a touch of glitter to add festive charm. If you have access to a Cricut machine, you can create custom wooden pieces that stand out.
Dollar Tree DIY Crafts: Crafting with affordable materials is a smart approach. Incorporate Dollar Tree finds into your Christmas craft ideas to keep production costs low, ensuring better profit margins. Shoppers love unique, budget-friendly holiday decor.
Other examples include:
- Make candles in mason jars and add essential oils
- Get that hot glue gun out and make some Christmas wreaths
- Give a dollar store Christmas stocking a makeover
- Make homemade soap
- Make your own Christmas cards to sell
- Make homemade ornaments
- Make cinnamon pine cones or decorate some as ornaments
- Glue cinnamon sticks around a candle
- Turn scrap wood into snowmen, snowflakes, and other great decors
- Make a grapevine snowman wreath
- Make peppermint bath bombs
Craft Shows and Christmas Bazaars: To maximize your sales potential, consider participating in local craft shows and Christmas bazaars that take place in October and November. These events are prime opportunities to showcase your Christmas crafts and interact with potential buyers in person.
In summary, Etsy provides an excellent platform to sell your best Christmas crafts during the holiday season. Be it mini Christmas ornaments, gingerbread-themed goodies, jewelry, or wooden creations, your shop can offer a wide range of unique and festive items. Participating in craft shows, using budget-friendly materials, and starting your holiday season sales in October and November will help you attract and satisfy eager holiday shoppers.
Shop any of these stores and I receive a small commission at no cost to you.
Christmas Crafts To Sell Q & A
At Christmas craft fairs, certain items tend to sell well. Here are some popular Christmas crafts that are known to be successful at craft fairs:
1. Handmade ornaments: Customizable and unique Christmas ornaments are always in demand during the holiday season.
2. Festive home decor: Decorative items such as wreaths, table centerpieces, and garlands are popular choices.
3. Personalized gifts: Customized items like engraved cutting boards, monogrammed towels, or personalized mugs make thoughtful gifts.
4. Cozy accessories: Hand-knit scarves, hats, and gloves are practical and fashionable during the winter months.
5. Scented candles: Aromatic candles in holiday scents like cinnamon, vanilla, or pine are often sought after.
6. Homemade baked goods: Treats like cookies, cakes, and fudge are delightful gifts that can be packaged beautifully.
7. Unique jewelry: Handcrafted necklaces, bracelets, and earrings make for stylish and one-of-a-kind gifts.
8. Natural skincare products: Organic soaps, lotions, and bath bombs are popular choices for self-care and gifting.
9. Children’s toys and clothing: Handmade toys, clothing, and accessories for kids are always well-received by parents.
10. Seasonal artwork: Paintings, prints, or handmade cards featuring winter scenes or holiday motifs are great options.
Remember, it’s essential to offer a diverse range of crafts to appeal to a wide audience.
There are various platforms and locations where you can sell your Christmas crafts. Here are some popular options:
1. Local Craft Fairs: Look for holiday-themed craft fairs or markets in your community. These events often attract shoppers seeking unique and handmade Christmas crafts.
2. Online Marketplaces: Utilize popular online platforms such as Etsy, Amazon Handmade, or eBay to sell your Christmas crafts to a wider audience. These platforms provide a convenient way to showcase and sell your items globally.
3. Social Media: Leverage the power of social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest to promote and sell your Christmas crafts. Create engaging posts and use relevant hashtags to reach potential customers.
4. Local Stores and Boutiques: Approach local gift shops, boutiques, or consignment stores that align with your crafting style and inquire about the possibility of selling your Christmas crafts on consignment.
5. Pop-Up Shops: Look for pop-up shop opportunities in your area, especially during the holiday season. These temporary retail spaces provide a great way to showcase and sell your crafts directly to customers.
6. Home Parties: Host your own home party or join existing holiday-themed parties where you can display and sell your crafts to interested guests.
Remember to consider factors like fees, shipping options (if selling online), and marketing strategies when choosing the best platform(s) for selling your Christmas crafts.
Remember, it’s essential to offer a diverse range of crafts to appeal to a wide audience.
If you’re coming from my friend Kristin, welcome, and thanks for hopping with us. When you’re finished with my post, please check out my friend Stacy and her amazing Christmas post. Click on the highlighted links below to follow along on the tour.
Stacy Ling – Bricks N Blooms –/– Chloe – Celebrate & Decorate –/– Anne & Ann Marie – Simply 2 Moms –/– Cindy – County Road 407 –/– Jenn – Down Shiloh Road –/– Kelly – The Tattered Pew –/– Rachel – The Ponds Farmhouse –/– Mary – Life At Bella Terra –/– Michele – Vintage Home Designs –/– Jen – MIdwest Life & Style –/– Kim – Shiplap & Shells –/– Kristen – White Arrows Home –/– Andrea – Design Morsels –/– Chas – Chas Crazy Creations