Are you looking for toilet paper roll Christmas crafts? You’re in luck, here is not only one tutorial but several that are easy to make.
Are you ready to add some holiday charm to your home without breaking the bank? Look no further! In this blog post, we’ll show you how to transform ordinary toilet paper rolls into delightful Christmas crafts that will add a touch of whimsy to your holiday decor. So, let’s get crafty and turn trash into treasure!
Toilet Paper Roll Christmas Crafts Video
Toilet Paper Roll Christmas Crafts
To start you’ll need to save your toilet paper tubes, or you could also save paper towel tubes.
1. Toilet Paper Roll Snowman
Start by cutting a piece of white fabric and fold it in half. Cut it down the center to create two pieces.
Place one piece of fabric on a flat surface and put a toilet paper roll in the center.
Pull up the fabric around the roll, tucking it into the center until the roll is completely covered.
Repeat the process with the second roll.
Stack the two fabric-covered rolls together.
Grab a scarf, fold it, and wrap it around the center of both rolls, then tie it securely.
Place a stocking cap on top of the upper roll.
Create a little ball on top of the hat using a rubber band.
Attach buttons to the snowman using hot glue. I just am adding two buttons for the belly and leaving his face plain, but you could also do this and create its eyes, mouth, and other embellishments.
Feel free to add more decorations to your snowman if you like.
This charming snowman is a great way to repurpose toilet paper rolls, and it can be easily stored flat for next year’s Christmas decor.
I like to place mine in my bathroom. It’s a great way to hide the extra rolls of toilet paper, and also have cute decor.
2. Sock Gnome Ornament
Cut the top and bottom sections off a sock.
Insert the toilet paper or paper towel tube into the bottom of the sock and tuck any excess fabric into the center of the tube.
Optionally, add some rocks to the tube for weight.
Fold up the cuff of the other end of the sock.
Wrap a little rubber band around the top of the sock and cut slits to create a pom-pom on the hat.
Cut a section of a mop for the gnome’s beard and hot glue it to the cardboard end.
Place the hat on top of the gnome and add a bead for the nose.
Your gnome ornament is complete and can be used as an ornament or a gift topper.
3. Cardboard Tube Christmas Tree
Cut each cardboard tube in half.
Use a cup to trace circles on the cardboard tube, then cut them out.
Fold each circle in half in one direction, then in the other direction to create an X pattern of folds.
Fold the sides inwards to meet at the center on both ends.
Stack and glue the folded circles on top of each other to create the tree shape.
Hot glue a popsicle stick to the bottom of the tree.
Attach beads to the tree to decorate it.
This cute cardboard tube Christmas tree can be used as a centerpiece or an ornament.
4. Chip Can Nutcracker
- Chip can
- Peel-and-stick vinyl
- Construction paper
- Toilet paper or paper towel tubes
- Google eyes
- Hot glue
Measure the top portion of the chip can against the blue vinyl. Cut the vinyl and stick it to the chip can.
Measure the middle section to become the face with pink construction paper, cut the paper, and then glue it underneath the blue vinyl on the chip can.
Measure the bottom portion of the chip can against the red vinyl. Cut the vinyl and stick it to the chip can.
Cut toilet paper or paper towel tubes in half and wrap them with blue vinyl.
Hot glue the blue tubes to the top of the chip can.
Measure 2 toilet paper rolls with red vinyl, cut the vinyl, stick it to the tubes, and glue the red tubes on the sides.
Decorate with peel-and-stick jewels.
Add google eyes, eyebrows, a mustache, and a nose to create a face.
Craft a hairpiece by cutting and folding white paper.
Glue the hairpiece onto the chip can to complete your nutcracker.
Toilet Paper Roll Christmas Crafts Video
Shop any of these stores and I receive a small commission at no cost to you.PETRISTRIKE Flameless Chris...Shop on AmazonZaH 12 Inch Christmas Nutcr...Shop on AmazonHodao Christmas Snowman Dec...Shop on AmazonChristmas Decorations Indoo...Shop on AmazonCharmin Ultra Soft Cushiony...Shop on Amazon
Toilet Paper Roll Christmas Crafts Q & A
What art can you do with toilet paper rolls?
Toilet paper rolls can be repurposed into various art and craft projects, making them a versatile and eco-friendly crafting material. Here are some creative art ideas you can explore with toilet paper rolls:
- Painted Wall Art:
- Flatten and cut the toilet paper rolls into different shapes.
- Dip them in paint and use them as stamps to create unique patterns and designs on canvas or paper.
- 3D Sculptures:
- Cut toilet paper rolls into different lengths.
- Assemble and glue them together to form 3D sculptures, such as animals, buildings, or abstract art.
- Flower Bouquets:
- Cut the toilet paper rolls into small sections and shape them into petals.
- Paint and assemble them to create colorful and unique paper flowers.
- Cut the toilet paper rolls into small rings.
- Paint or color the rings and use them to create intricate mosaic patterns on a flat surface.
- Stamp Art:
- Flatten the rolls and cut them into various shapes and patterns.
- Dip the cut shapes into paint and use them as stamps to create abstract or structured art.
- Cut the toilet paper rolls into rings and decorate them with paint, fabric, or colored paper.
- Assemble the rings into a wreath shape, and add embellishments like ribbons, bows, and ornaments.
- Cardboard Tube Animals:
- Create animal sculptures by shaping and assembling toilet paper rolls, adding details with paint or markers.
- Holiday Decorations:
- Use toilet paper rolls to craft holiday-themed decorations like ornaments, snowflakes, and advent calendars.
- Miniature Structures:
- Construct small houses, buildings, or vehicles using cut and assembled toilet paper rolls. Paint and decorate to create a miniature world.
- Puppet Characters:
- Create puppet characters by adding fabric, felt, and googly eyes to toilet paper rolls, allowing you to tell imaginative stories.
- Faux Candles:
- Decorate toilet paper rolls to resemble candles with flames.
- Place battery-operated tea lights inside to create a cozy ambiance without an open flame.
- Abstract Collage:
- Cut toilet paper rolls into rings and use them as components in abstract collage art.
- Geometric Art:
- Cut toilet paper rolls into uniform rings and arrange them to create geometric patterns and abstract art pieces.
- Create hanging mobiles by painting or decorating cut toilet paper rolls and suspending them from strings or wires.
- Sculpted Masks:
- Sculpt intricate masks using toilet paper rolls as the base, and then paint and embellish them.
- Educational Tools:
- Use toilet paper rolls to make educational tools like counting aids, shapes, or letter recognition activities for kids.
Remember to use your imagination and creativity to adapt these ideas and come up with your own unique toilet paper roll art projects. It’s an eco-friendly and budget-friendly way to explore your artistic side and create beautiful pieces of art.
What can you make with a toilet paper roll for Christmas?
Toilet paper rolls are versatile and can be used to create various Christmas crafts and decorations. Here are some festive ideas for making use of toilet paper rolls during the holiday season:
- Miniature Christmas Trees:
- Cut the toilet paper roll into smaller sections to create tree trunk bases.
- Paint or decorate the base to your liking.
- Add a small decorative star or bead to the top as the tree topper.
- Decorate the “tree” with paint, glitter, or tiny ornaments.
- Advent Calendar:
- Cut the toilet paper roll into 24 or 25 sections, depending on the number of days in your advent calendar.
- Decorate each section with numbers or festive designs.
- Fill each section with small treats, notes, or small gifts.
- Arrange the sections in the shape of a Christmas tree on a board or hang them in a row.
- Wreath Decorations:
- Cut the toilet paper roll into smaller rings.
- Decorate the rings with paint, wrapping paper, or colored paper.
- Glue the rings together to form a wreath shape.
- Add ribbons, faux berries, or ornaments for embellishment.
- Napkin Rings:
- Cut the toilet paper roll into smaller rings.
- Decorate the rings with Christmas-themed paper, ribbon, or paint.
- Slide them around your folded napkins to create festive napkin rings for your holiday table setting.
- Candle Holders:
- Cut the toilet paper roll into smaller sections.
- Paint or decorate the sections to match your Christmas decor.
- Place small, battery-operated tea lights inside for a safe and cozy ambiance.
- Santa’s Binoculars (for kids):
- Tape two toilet paper rolls together side by side.
- Decorate the “binoculars” with red and white paint or paper.
- Children can use them to “spot” Santa flying in the sky on Christmas Eve.
- Gift Tags:
- Cut the toilet paper roll into smaller rings.
- Flatten the rings and cut them into tag shapes.
- Decorate with holiday messages and designs, then attach them to your gift packages.
- Cut the toilet paper roll into various shapes like stars, snowflakes, or bells.
- Decorate with paint, glitter, or colored paper.
- Attach a string or ribbon for hanging on the Christmas tree.
- Cut the toilet paper roll into sections.
- Flatten the sections and cut them into snowflake shapes.
- Paint and decorate the snowflakes, then hang them as festive decorations.
- Christmas Crackers:
- Fill the toilet paper roll with small trinkets, jokes, and paper crowns.
- Cover the roll with colorful wrapping paper.
- Twist the ends to create a cracker shape, and tie them with ribbons.
- Toilet Paper Roll Reindeer:
- Turn a toilet paper roll into an adorable reindeer by adding googly eyes, a red pom-pom for the nose, and brown pipe cleaners for antlers.
- Christmas Ornaments:
- Create Christmas ornaments using toilet paper rolls as the base. Decorate them with paint, glitter, ribbons, and festive designs. You can make angels, elves, and wise men ornaments.
- Toilet Paper Roll Angels:
- Craft charming angels by shaping the toilet paper roll into a cone for the body and wings made from paper. Add a golden halo and a pretty gown to complete the angel.
- Toilet Roll Reindeer:
- Transform a toilet roll into a reindeer with pipe cleaner antlers, googly eyes, and a red button or pom-pom nose. Paint or wrap the roll with brown paper for a finishing touch.
- Christmas Wreath:
- Cut toilet paper rolls into rings and paint them green. Arrange and glue them in a circular shape to create a Christmas wreath base. Decorate it with ornaments, ribbon, and a bow.
- Elves and Wise Men:
- Craft miniature elf and wise men figurines using toilet paper rolls as the body. Add colorful clothing and facial features to represent these iconic Christmas characters.
- Grinch Ornament:
- Create a Grinch-themed ornament by shaping a toilet paper roll into the Grinch’s face. Paint it green, add googly eyes, and craft a mischievous grin with a felt or paper cutout.
- Christmas Carolers:
- Craft a group of Christmas carolers by transforming toilet paper rolls into caroler figurines. Dress them in festive clothing and add miniature carol books.
These are just a few creative ideas for using toilet paper rolls to craft beautiful Christmas decorations. Feel free to adapt and customize these projects to match your personal style and the overall theme of your holiday decor. Happy crafting!
What can you make out of one toilet roll?
A single toilet paper roll, while seemingly insignificant, can be used in various creative and practical ways. Here are some simple craft and household ideas to make the most of that single toilet roll:
- Seed Starters: Cut the toilet roll into smaller sections, fill them with soil, and use them as seed starters for your garden. Plant the entire roll in the ground when the seedlings are ready to be transplanted.
- Cable Organizer: Cut the toilet roll lengthwise and use it to organize and store cords and cables, preventing them from getting tangled.
- Napkin Rings: Decorate the toilet roll with paint, fabric, or wrapping paper, and cut it into smaller rings to use as napkin holders for special occasions.
- Pen or Pencil Holder: Cover the toilet roll with colorful paper or fabric, and it can serve as a handy desk organizer to hold pens, pencils, or even makeup brushes.
- Craft Projects: Toilet paper rolls can be used in various craft projects. They can be transformed into telescopes, binoculars, or even used as a base for making paper flowers.
- DIY Party Poppers: Stuff one end of the toilet roll with small candies or confetti, and close the other end. Twist the ends and secure them with a rubber band to create a simple party popper.
- Organize Wrapping Paper: Cut the toilet roll open lengthwise and slide it over the end of a wrapping paper roll. This will help keep the paper from unraveling.
- DIY Firestarter: Stuff the toilet roll with dryer lint or small bits of paper. It can be used as a firestarter for campfires or in your fireplace.
- Yarn or Ribbon Organizer: Slide yarn, string, or ribbon through the center of the toilet roll to keep them from tangling.
- Pet Toy: Cats and small animals often enjoy playing with empty toilet rolls. You can stuff them with hay, treats, or other pet-friendly materials for entertainment.
- DIY Binoculars for Kids: Two toilet paper rolls taped together can be used as a fun and educational toy for kids to play pretend binoculars.
- Bird Feeder: Cover the toilet roll with peanut butter and roll it in birdseed. Hang it from a tree branch to create a simple bird feeder.
- Wristbands: Cut the toilet roll into smaller segments and decorate them to create wristbands for parties or events.
While a single toilet paper roll may not seem like much on its own, with a little creativity and some basic crafting supplies, it can be repurposed in numerous ways, making it a useful and eco-friendly material for various DIY projects.
Toilet paper roll Christmas crafts are a fantastic and resourceful way to infuse the holiday season with creativity and cheer. Whether you’re looking for easy DIY ornaments or a simple toilet paper roll Christmas tree, these projects are a great way to get into the festive spirit. With some basic craft supplies, a glue stick, and a little sparkle, you can transform humble toilet roll tubes into delightful holiday decorations.
One fun idea for crafting with toilet paper rolls is creating a “Toilet Paper Roll Christmas Tree.” Using a printable template, it’s as easy as cutting, folding, and gluing these simple toilet paper roll trees. It’s a project that even kids can enjoy, and it’s perfect for adorning your mantle with a bit of holiday sparkle.
The crafty inspiration doesn’t stop there. You can find a treasure trove of toilet paper roll Christmas craft ideas online, thanks to creative bloggers and craft enthusiasts. Websites like “Red Ted Art,” “Kitchen Counter Chronicle,” and “Resourceful Mama” offer easy-to-follow tutorials and printable templates for crafting beautiful ornaments and holiday decorations from these versatile cardboard rolls. The satisfaction of turning something as mundane as a toilet paper roll into a festive masterpiece is a great feeling.
Another delightful project is crafting an Olaf Christmas tree ornament. By adding pipe cleaners, googly eyes, and a carrot-shaped nose, your toilet paper roll Olaf will bring a touch of Disney magic to your holiday decor. It’s one of the many easy peasy toilet paper roll Christmas crafts that promise hours of creative fun, and the end result is sure to bring a smile to your face.
In the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, these easy DIY Christmas ornaments and crafts are a great way to slow down, bond with family and friends, and infuse your home with a sense of warmth and tradition. So, why not gather your craft supplies, grab a glue stick, and embark on a creative journey filled with toilet paper roll Christmas magic? It’s a fun and resourceful way to make the holiday season extra special.
These creative Christmas crafts are not only budget-friendly but also a fantastic way to upcycle materials you might otherwise throw away. Make these charming decorations for your home or to give as thoughtful gifts to spread the holiday cheer. Whether it’s a snowman, a gnome, a Christmas tree, or a nutcracker, these DIY projects will add a touch of magic to your holiday decor. Get crafting and have a wonderful holiday season!
In conclusion, toilet paper roll Christmas crafts offer a wonderful opportunity to add a touch of whimsy and creativity to your holiday decor without breaking the bank. From adorable snowmen and sock gnomes to festive Christmas trees and nutcrackers, the possibilities are endless with these versatile cardboard tubes. By repurposing something as ordinary as a toilet paper roll, you can transform it into a delightful masterpiece that will bring joy and charm to your home during the holiday season. So, gather your supplies, unleash your creativity, and let these easy and budget-friendly DIY projects turn ordinary trash into extraordinary treasures. Happy crafting, and may your holiday season be filled with warmth, cheer, and creativity!