Want an easy bunny craft? I’m at it again making more seasonal decor with terra cotta flower pots! It is starting to feel like the spring season and I was looking for the perfect Easter craft. This time… cute bunny crafts with a flower pot bunny! This simple craft would be great for an Easter party and is especially suited for older kids. All you need is a few simple materials and a little imagination and you can have a lot of fun making this simple Easter craft.
Bunny Craft step-by-step tutorial
1. PAINT 3 FLOWER POTS OF THE SAME SIZE
I painted 3 10″ terra cotta flower pots with Folk Art Home Decor Chalk Paint in the color white.
It took 2 coats of paint and I let it dry between each coat. I painted the inside rim of one of the flower pots as this would be the top.
2. Add adhesive of your choice and assemble the pots
I used silicone and added it to the edges of the flower pots and …
assembled the pots like this and let them dry.
3. Add a coat of Sparkle Mod Podge (optional)
I added a coat of sparkle Mod Podge to give the bunny a little shimmer and to seal the flower pot.
4. ADD A BUNNY FACE
I used both permanent markers and acrylic paint to create my bunny’s face. You can make your cute bunnies with any expression you like, this is a fun way to let your creativity shine. You could also use hot glue to adhere pipe cleaners for the bunny whiskers and add googly eyes if you prefer.
5. ADD A FURRY CHEST (OPTIONAL)
Using a fuzzy towel from the dollar store to create a fluffy bunny. I cut the towel into an oval shape and hot glued it onto my bunny with my Ryobi hot glue gun.
You could paint on your chest if you’re going to put it outside in the elements.
6. ADD A TAIL (OPTIONAL)
I hot glued a bunny tail onto the back of my flower pot bunny. Sometimes you can find tails in the store ready-made. I took this off a stuffed animal and refashioned it to create a bunny tail. You could also use pom poms or cotton balls to form a tail.
7. ADD BUNNY EARS AND OPTIONAL BOW TIE
I hot glued a bunny ears headband to the inside of my top flower pot. You could cut off the ears from the headband if you like. You may prefer a bunny with long ears. You could easily make these out of felt. I also decided to add a bow tie to hide the neck seam.
8. FILL THE TOP
It was still cold outside when I created my bunny so I opted for faux flowers for now. You could fill your bunny’s head with a plant, plastic Easter eggs, etc. Have fun with it
Your simple Easter bunny craft is ready to be displayed! I love how it turned out.
Flower Pot Bunny Craft DIY Video
Shop any of these stores and I receive a small commission at no cost to you.
You might be interested in more adorable bunny crafts and Easter decorations:
- Easy and Awesome Bunny Wreath with Video
- Super Cute and Easy Dollar Tree Bunny DIY with Video
- Easy and Cute Easter Bunny Stop Here Sign with Video
- How To Paint A Bunny the Easy Way with Video
- Cute and Easy Easter Sock Bunny Hack Anyone Can Make
- How To Make A Super Cute Boo Boo Bunny Easily
- Easy and Amazing Easter Bunny Craft Nightlight
- How To Paint On Ceramics, Easy and Beautiful Upcycled Thrift Store Bunny
- Easy and Awesome Spring Bunny Craft
- Super Cute and Easy $4 Bunny Dollar Tree Easter Wreath
- Easy and Awesome DIY Peep Bunny Plush
- Make Your Own Bunny – Fun for the Whole Family.
- Awesome and Easy Easter Yard Decor with Video
- paper plate bunny craft or other paper plate crafts
- Easter cards
- bunny puppets or bunny hand puppets
- pom-pom bunnies
- popsicle stick Easter bunny craft
Other supplies that you can create some fun Easter crafts with:
- construction paper
- glue stick
- white cardstock or white paper
- colored cardstock
Are you ready to have some Easter fun? Do you know what is great about this easy craft? You can make it with any size pot, making it easy for young children with little hands to create.
Learn more about “Creating Seasonal Decor for Your Home” to create seasonal decor that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg.