Are you looking for some easy organization for your home? I have several easy Command Hook hacks to help make your life easier!
I am a huge fan of Command Hooks and using them in my home to prevent permanent damage to my walls, cabinetry, and more. I thought I would share some of the ways I use them with all of you.
Command Hook Hacks materials
First let’s start with Command Hooks and how to use them They come in a lot of shapes, and sizes, and also come with a weight guideline. So pick accordingly depending on what you are hanging.
Command Hook Hacks Instructions
How do you attach command wall hooks?
Here is the easy way to get started. Inside the command, hook packages are strips like this. The first step is to place the correct side to the back of the command hook itself. (The directions will be on the box, and generally, the part that goes on the back of the command hook is red.)
The other side of the command hook sticker says “wall” and this is the part you’ll stick to the wall.
You peel off the wall side and place it on the wall and press on it for about 30 seconds. Once it’s up, it is recommended not to hang anything on it for about 1 hour to allow adhesion time.
Here are some of the things I use command hooks for
Let’s explore some different and new ways they can be helpful in your home.
Hanging my trivets on my cabinets. This way they are easy to grab, have no permanent damage to my cabinets, and display decoratively.
Your wall can be your best storage space. In my son’s room, I spaced them out on his wall using a ruler
I hang his hats on the hooks. Makes a nice display, easy grab, and keeps them off the floor. Plus it’s an easy reach for him.
I use plastic hooks in my son’s room to display his karate medals.
In my cabinet use a small hook to hold cleaning supplies
For an easy and adaptable storage solution, I store our winter gear storage is in these dollar store bins hung up with adhesive hooks. You can see the full tutorial here on this project It’s such an adaptable extra storage idea and the perfect solution for us year-round.
To hang up my Pottery Barn Mirror HackI ran into trouble figuring out how to hang this project. I bought frame command strips for this simple solution. First – stick the Velcro sides together.
Peel off one side of the adhesive strips and place it on the back of the picture/frame.
Peel off the other side and place it on the wall. You can see the tutorial for my Pottery Barn Mirror Hack here
We use a small command hook to prevent putting holes in your wall to put up calendars, chore charts, et
I use them on my doors to hang signs and wreaths. They are great for temporary hanging during the holidays.
Other command hook uses
- kitchen cabinets – place them inside of cabinets to store things like a measuring cup, measuring spoon, kitchen utensils, etc
- Use Curtain hooks and a wood dowel to hold garbage bags
- Use them to hang a curtain rod
- On the front door for wreaths and displays
- Use under the kitchen sink on the cupboard doors to hold supplies and brushes
- Use the inside of a cabinet or inside of a cabinet door to hold bathroom supplies like a hair dryer, curling iron, hair supplies, etc
- Use them to hang coffee mugs or pot lids
- Hang a curtain by your front door with hooks, fabric, and a wooden dowel
- Hide a bulky cord
- Create privacy with a tension rod, shower curtain, and command hook
- Creative ways to hang string lights for special occasions.
- Inside of the door for a smart way to use a small space for a command center, coats, and other supplies
Learn more about “Why to Deep Clean and Organize Your Home” to save money, function better, and keep your sanity.
Why won’t my command hooks stick to the wall?
There are several reasons why Command Hooks don’t stick.
- Too much temperature fluctuation and constant temperature change can cause the sticker to lose its grip
- Too much weight, if an item is heavier than the allotted amount it will eventually fall off
- Wall is dirty
- Sticker won’t stick to powdery unfinished textures
Shop any of these stores and I receive a small commission at no cost to you.