I use Dawn dish soap to clean my dishes but I’ve also learned how to use it in so many other ways. A multi-purpose cleaner in my home, a carpet and laundry spot cleaner, and here are a few more ways I wanted to share with you. Just a drop of dawn in one gallon of water can do so much!
Dawn Dish Soap Hacks
1. Make a Gel DIY Ice Pack with dawn
You can use different size baggies to make different size ice packs. Fill your baggie with dawn dish soap, squeeze out as much air as you can and seal it. Place it in the freezer for 1 hour or more. The longer it’s in there the more solid it will become.
Pull out and use as an ice pack for aches and pains or put it in your cooler. If used as an ice pack be sure to place a cloth between the pack and the skin. These are reusable too, so just put them back in the freezer when you’re done.
2. Use Dawn as a Paint Remover
Have paint on your hands?
Use Dawn soapy water and it’ll clean your hands right up. You can also just squirt a little soap directly onto your hands, rub it in, and rinse it off.
3. Clean Oily Tools with dawn dish soap
Dawn cuts grease and oil. Mix Dawn and water to make a sink of bubble solution.
Wash your tools, rinse, and dry off.
4. use Dawn to removed Burned Food
Sometimes you wash a pan or run it through the dishwasher and there are still some tough stains that you can’t get off. Got burned on food? No problem…
Soak your pots, pans, and bakeware in soapy water. Let soak for 30 minutes or overnight for tough burned on food. Wash and use a scrub pan to get the grime off.
5. Lubricate and Clean Door Hinges to get rid of squeaky doors
Put some Dawn on a washcloth and rub the hinge to lubricate it and get rid of squeaks. You can also clean up the black grease around the door hinges as well.
6. Get rid of Driveway & Garage motor Oil stains
Squirt a little Dawn directly on those oil spots in your driveways and garage floors. Let it sit for 15 minutes.
Use a scrub brush to brush it into the cracks and crevices.
Rinse with water. You can get rid of excess oil stains this way too.
7. Use Dawn as a Grill Cleaner
Make a multipurpose cleaner of 2 cups clean water and 3 Tablespoons Dawn, and add it to a spray bottle. Use this to clean your grill grates by spraying it on the affected area and your grates and letting it stand for 15 minutes.
Scrub with your grill brush and rinse. The left one is the before, the right one is after…
Got build-up and grease stains? Place your grates in a tub of water and add half cup of Dawn. Let soak for 8 hours and scrub and rinse off.
Other Blue dawn dish soap hacks include:
You can use a small amount of Dawn for some of these hacks as little as a teaspoon of Dawn dishwashing liquid.
- Clean garden tools
- Get rid of pet fleas
- Use it to kill bugs like spider mites, aphids, fruit flies, and ants
- Make a homemade bug killer or insecticide
- Make a weed killer
- Clean your windows and glass
- Clean your mirrors
- Laundry spot remover
- Remove grease from clothes, tools, and more
- Get rid of odors around your home
- Make a multi-purpose cleaner
- Clean upholstery with Dawn
- Spot treat your carpet
- Make a hand scrub
- Make a homemade de-icer and get rid of icy steps
- Clean your bathroom easier
- Clean your kitchen easier
- Clean your kitchen sink routinely
- Clean jewelry
- Use it in your dishwasher
- Use it to wash your clothes
- Use it to clean your glasses
- Remove hair product
- Clean up oil spills
- Clean toys
- Unclog toilets with 1 cup of Dawn Dish Soap
- Relieve Poison Ivy
- Clean your ceramic tile
- Clean your grout
- Clean out kiddie pools or pet pools
- Clean your toilet bowl
- Clean stainless steel appliances
- The obvious one is cleaning your dishes, it’s an effective way to remove vegetable oil or any natural oil and debris from your pots, pans, and dishes.
One thing to keep in mind is not to mix white vinegar and a little bit of Dawn dish soap. The cleaning properties cancel each other out and you’re not achieving anything. You can mix baking soda and Dawn dish detergent as they’re both a base and clean well with each other. This mixture makes a great soft scrub. Dawn also works well with hydrogen peroxide. Dawn is an easy way to remove so many things and it’s a great way because it’s inexpensive.
Organic Cleaning – DIY Recipes and Tips To Clean the Chemical-Free and Natural Way
When cleaning your home there are amazing ways to be efficient with your time as well as minimize the chemicals in your home. In this book, you’ll learn what natural and organic products to use, the recipes to create, how to use the cleaners in your home, tips, and tricks, and how inexpensive it is to clean naturally. So what are you waiting for? Start cleaning organically and naturally today!
Shop any of these stores and I receive a small commission at no cost to you.
Learn more about “Why to Deep Clean and Organize Your Home” to save money, function better, and keep your sanity.