Do you want some vacuum cleaning hacks? I have 13 vacuum handy hacks to share with you! A few things to help you clean faster, deodorize, and take care of your vacuum cleaner. Here are some of my best vacuum hacks and carpet cleaning hacks.
Vacuum Cleaning Hacks
1. Clean Your Vacuum Roller
Rollers get loose hair, strings, and other things caught around them.
When you’re done cleaning a great way to remove all this is to cut the strings with scissors.
Next, pull them right off your roller.
Your vacuum is clean and ready to go.
2. Deodorize Your Carpet
Bad Odors loom on our carpet. Get rid of bad smells by using baking soda as it’s a great deodorizer. Sprinkle it onto your carpet and let it stand for 30 minutes.
Once the time has passed, vacuum as usual.
3. Easy Dusting
No need for chemicals and special clothes when it comes to dusting. Use your cleaning tools by just adding your soft brush attachment to your vacuum and sucking up all of that dust.
4. Dust & Clean Art, Wall Hangings, Pictures. Light Switches, Thermostats, Doors, and more
Use the brush attachment and vacuum off all the dust from those items.
5. Clean Baseboards without Breaking Your Back
The best way to help your back is by adding the brush attachment to your hose or better yet the long neck of your vacuum cleaner and sucking the dust right off of your baseboards.
6. Clean Lampshades
Using the brush attachment, vacuum off your lampshades to keep them dust-free.
7. Clean Insides of Glass Shades
Using the brush attachment vacuum not only dust but the bugs that sometimes fall inside those glass shades.
8. Find A Lost Item
Place a pair of tights or tight over the end of the vacuum’s hose and add a rubber band to secure it. Place your vacuum hose in the area, crease, hard-to-reach space where you lost your item. The vacuum sucks it up, and the nylon/tight hold it into place so you can grab it. This super easy technique can get you to find your small object and small items in no time.
9. Clean Your Couch and Other Hard To Reach Places
Use your crevice tool on your vacuum and easily clean under cushions, in between cracks, and get to hard-to-reach places.
You can find more on couch cleaning here –
10. Remove Carpet dents
Place ice cubes in the indents in the carpet where the heavy furniture used to be. As the ice melts the carpet will fluff back up.
11. Safely Clean Computers, TVs, and Other Electronics
Using the brush attachment on your vacuum, suck up dust on your keyboards, clean screens, etc.
12. Clean Your Blinds
Using the brush attachment, vacuum the dust right off those blinds.
13. Freshen Your Air While You Vacuum
Add drops of your favorite essential oil to your filter or vacuum bag. As you vacuum the air coming out will give your room a fresh scent.
These genius cleaning hacks will take you less time when cleaning your home.
Other Vacuuming Hacks:
- To get rid of pet hair, it’s important to have a vacuum with strong suction.
- Wipe off your vacuum with a paper towel or damp cloth to remove the fuzz sticking to it.
- Vacuum high traffic areas frequently
- Vacuum before dusting as dust particles will float through the air and land on the surfaces you need to dust.
- Clean your hardwood floors with your vacuum
- Empty your vacuum regularly to remove carpet fibers, loose hair,
- This is a big household task, don’t forget to recruit your family members to help
Organic Cleaning – DIY Recipes and Tips To Clean the Chemical-Free and Natural Way
When cleaning your home there are amazing ways to be efficient with your time as well as minimize the chemicals in your home. In this book, you’ll learn what natural and organic products to use, the recipes to create, how to use the cleaners in your home, tips, and tricks, and how inexpensive it is to clean naturally. So what are you waiting for? Start cleaning organically and naturally today!
You might also be interested in these hacks:
- Coconut Oil Hacks To the Rescue!
- Shower Curtain Hacks
- Easy and Cheap Holiday Clean-Up Hacks
- Closet Organization and Hacks
- Copper Cleaning Hacks
- Dollar Store Bin Hacks
- Silver Cleaning Hacks
- Shaving Cream Hacks To Help Your Home!
- 12 Helpful Sponge Hacks & How To Clean It
- 13 Ways To Clean with Toothpaste
- Quick Cleaning with Alka-Seltzer
Learn more about “Why to Deep Clean and Organize Your Home” to save money, function better, and keep your sanity.
Shop any of these stores and I receive a small commission at no cost to you.
Want to know what the best vacuum cleaners are? I like my Dyson Animal Canister vacuum I did tons of research before buying this guy and I’m extremely happy with it.