Are you wondering how to decorate a candle? Here are several ideas, including a simple way to update for every season.
Welcome, candle enthusiasts! Today, I’m excited to share inspiring ideas for decorating candles throughout the year. We’ll be using the exquisite Infinity Wick candle collection from lights.com, which offers both aesthetic appeal and convenient features, like a remote control and timer settings. Let’s dive into these unique candle decor techniques for each season!
How to decorate a candle materials list:
- Infinity Wick candle collection from lights.com (or any candles of your choice)
- Napkins (for the summer napkin wraps)
- Tape (to secure the napkin wraps)
- Decals (for the autumn candle decorations)
- Fabric (for the winter fabric scarves)
- Scissors (to cut the fabric and other materials)
- Adhesive dots (for the spring-themed candle decorations)
- Colorful buttons (for the spring-themed candle decorations)
- Ribbon (for the spring-themed candle decorations)
- Eucalyptus branches (for the spring vignette)
- Embellishments (such as beads, glitter, or cinnamon sticks)
- Hot glue gun (to secure embellishments if needed)
- Tray or decorative surface (for display purposes)
- Painter’s tape (if needed for precise designs or patterns)
- Wax paper (to protect surfaces during crafting)
- Alcohol (to clean surfaces before applying decals or adhesives)
- Paintbrush (if using mod podge or any paint-related techniques)
- Rubber bands (for securing fabric or creating unique designs)
- Dusting cloth or brush (to keep your candles clean and tidy)
These materials should cover most of the candle-decorating techniques mentioned in the blog post. Feel free to adapt and customize the materials based on your preferences and creativity. Enjoy your candle crafting!
How To Decorate A Candle Video
How to decorate a candle:
Summer Delight: Vibrant Napkin Wraps
For this project, we’ll be using the Infinity Wick candle collection from lights.com. I absolutely love these candles because they have a remote control and timer settings, which make them so convenient.
Take a colorful napkin and open it up.
Cut the napkin into three equal strips.
Now, take one of the candles from the Infinity Wick collection and place it in your desired location, such as the living room or coffee table.
Wrap one of the napkin strips around the candle. You can choose to wrap it around the center or the bottom of the candle, whichever you prefer. Feel free to trim the excess or layer the napkin strips for a unique look. Once you’ve wrapped the napkin around the candle, use a small piece of tape to secure it in place.
Repeat this process for the other candles in the collection.
Voila! You now have beautifully decorated candles that are perfect for adding a touch of summer charm to your home decor.
Pro Tip: These vibrant napkin wraps are fantastic decorations that can be used all summer long, from Memorial Day to Labor Day. Place them on your mantel or dining room table for a colorful and inviting atmosphere.
Embrace Autumn: Dollar Store Decals
To create cozy fall-themed candles, we’ll be using affordable dollar store decals.
Start by selecting your desired fall-themed decals. You can find a variety of options at your local dollar store. Clean the surface of the candles with a bit of alcohol to ensure proper adhesion of the decals.
Peel off the decals from their backing and carefully apply them to the candles. You can create a pattern or design of your choice. Feel free to mix and match different decals for a personalized touch. Once you’re satisfied with the arrangement, gently press the decals onto the candles to secure them in place.
Repeat these steps for all the candles you wish to decorate.
Now, sit back and admire your beautiful fall-inspired candle holders. These decals can be easily removed at the end of the season, allowing you to update your candles for the next occasion.
Pro Tip: Enhance the cozy ambiance by choosing scented candles with fragrances like vanilla or cinnamon. Place them on your bookshelves or coffee table for a warm and inviting atmosphere.
Winter Wonderland: Snug Fabric Scarves
For a cozy winter vibe, let’s decorate our candles with snug fabric scarves.
Cut three strips of fabric, ensuring they are long enough to wrap around the candles. Create little fringes at the bottom of each fabric strip by cutting small vertical slits.
Take one of the candles and position it in the center of the fabric strip. Wrap the fabric around the candle, making sure the fuzzy side is facing outward. This will create a cozy look and feel. Tie a knot or bow at the front of the candle to secure the fabric in place. Adjust the scarf’s shape and fluff up the fringes to give it a delightful winter-inspired appearance.
Repeat these steps for the remaining candles in the collection.
Now, you have a set of beautifully bundled candles with their snug fabric scarves, ready to bring winter charm to your home decor.
Pro Tip: Place these adorned candles on your bookshelves, entryway table, or as a centerpiece for a dinner party. The fabric scarves add warmth and style to your living space during the winter season.
Spring Awakening: Adhesive Dots and Ribbon
To embrace the vibrant spirit of spring, we’ll be using adhesive dots, colorful buttons, and ribbon.
Cut a triangle shape out of the ribbon, creating a banner-like piece for the candle decoration. Attach an adhesive dot to the back of the ribbon triangle.
Place the ribbon triangle on the candle, creating a playful and festive banner effect. Repeat these steps for the buttons, attaching adhesive dots to the back of each button. Arrange the buttons in a creative pattern on the candle. Press the buttons onto the candle, ensuring they are securely attached.
Repeat these steps for the other candles in the collection.
Enjoy the cheerful ambiance created by these adorable spring-themed candle decorations.
Pro Tip: Create a delightful spring vignette by placing these charming chick-themed candles on a tray adorned with eucalyptus branches and other embellishments. It’s the perfect centerpiece for a dinner party or a beautiful addition to your coffee table.
How To Decorate A Candle Video
Shop any of these stores and I receive a small commission at no cost to you.SUJUN Matte Black Candle Ho...Shop on AmazonLETINE Gold Votive Candle H...Shop on AmazonFMIX Flameless Candles with...Shop on AmazonSHYMERY Flameless Votive Ca...Shop on Amazon
How To Decorate My Candles: More ideas
Do you like to make DIY gifts? I’m sharing how I made these DIY snowman candles with a few different shape and sized candles. Find the full tutorial at Easy DIY Snowman Candles
I placed wall stickers from Dollar Tree onto my LED color-changing candles that already sit on my mantle. Such a simple addition to make the festive decor. You can find the full tutorial at 4 Easy Valentine DIYs
Buy 1 thrift store sweater or re-purpose an old sweater of your own to make 5 ideas that are easy and will warm your home during the cold months! You can find the full tutorial at 5 Items From ONE Thrift Store Sweater!
Make Faux Tree Candle Holders
I recently made some real tree branch candle holders but I realized not everyone wants to saw and drill. I came up with a way for you to still enjoy the same look in a simpler and inexpensive way to make them yourself!
Make hot glue designs on votive holders with colorful glue gun sticks, let dry, and add a candle of your choice. You can find the full tutorial at 11 Amazing DIY Hot Glue Gun Hacks That You Must See
Here is an easy project with all things from the dollar store. Great for yourself, gift, or crafting night. A wonderful option for those who have kids &/or pets. You can find the full tutorial at Dollar Store Glowing Candle
Upcycle your candles or jars into candle holders or containers – it’s easy and inexpensive! You can find the full tutorial at Upcycle Jars to Candle Holders (2 Options)
It’s almost Valentine’s Day! I wanted to share an easy and inexpensive Valentine candle holder you can make. All these items came from Dollar Tree! You can find the full tutorial at Easy and Inexpensive Valentine Candle Holder
How do you make Valentine’s Day decor ideas? This easy LED candle display is inexpensive and easy to make. Just a few candles, a few stickers, a tray with a little table scatter and your set! Great for your home, gift, or craft night party. You can find the full tutorial at Easy and Beautiful Valentine Candles
Grab your pillar candle or a candle holder, paint on some Mod Podge and use some epsom salt or glitter to create this beautiful winter candle. You can find the full tutorial at How To Use A Glass Bottle Cutter
I love fall, it has become one of my favorite times of the year. I grew up in Minnesota where there were so many fall colors. I miss that here in Colorado, we get yellow aspens but that is about it. I decorate my house with some seasonal touches that bring all those fall colors into our home. I made this easy and beautiful fall candle years ago and get so excited to bring it back every fall. I also love the way when the season is done that it packs away nicely. You can find the full tutorial at Easy and Beautiful Fall Candle
Easy and Inexpensive Pool Noodle Candle DIY
Do you love easy and inexpensive DIYs? I’m sharing how to make a pool noodle candle and it’s adjustable for any occasion or season. You can find the full tutorial at Easy and Inexpensive Pool Noodle Candle DIY
Super Easy Aluminum Foil Hacks You Need To Know Starting Now
Make a faux mercury glass candle holder, I cut a small piece of tinfoil that would fit inside the above candle holder. You can find the full tutorial at Super Easy Aluminum Foil Hacks You Need To Know Starting Now
How To Decorate Candles Q & A
What can I decorate my candles with?
When it comes to decorating candles, the possibilities are endless! Here are some ideas for what you can use to decorate your candles:
- Ribbons and Fabric: Wrap ribbons or fabric strips around the candles to add color and texture. You can tie them in bows or create unique patterns.
- Adhesive Decorations: Use adhesive dots, decals, or stickers to add designs, patterns, or themed elements to your candles. These can be easily applied and removed, allowing you to change the decorations as desired.
- Buttons and Embellishments: Attach buttons, beads, or other small embellishments to the surface of the candles. These can add a touch of whimsy or elegance to your candle decor.
- Natural Elements: Incorporate natural elements like dried flowers, leaves, or branches. You can secure them to the candles using hot glue or twine for a rustic or organic look.
- Glitter and Sparkles: Add a touch of glamour by sprinkling glitter or sparkles onto the surface of your candles. Use a clear adhesive spray or glue to ensure the glitter adheres properly.
- Personalized Designs: Use painter’s tape to create unique designs on the candles. Apply the tape in different patterns or shapes, then paint over it with acrylic paint. Once the paint dries, remove the tape to reveal your personalized design.
- Tissue Paper and Mod Podge: Cut out shapes or patterns from colorful tissue paper and adhere them to the surface of the candles using Mod Podge. This creates a translucent effect and adds a decorative touch.
- Cinnamon Sticks and Cranberries: Tie cinnamon sticks or cranberries around the candles using twine or ribbon. These natural elements not only add visual interest but also infuse a lovely scent when the candles are lit.
- Melted Wax Drips: Create a dramatic effect by dripping melted wax down the sides of pillar candles. Light another candle and carefully let the wax drip onto the desired areas of the candle. Allow the wax to cool and harden before moving or lighting the decorated candle.
- Personal Keepsakes: Attach small trinkets or sentimental items to the candles using hot glue or small pins. These can be meaningful tokens or charms that hold special memories for you.
Remember, safety should always be a priority when decorating candles. Ensure that any decorative elements you add are fire-safe and will not pose a hazard when the candle is lit. Get creative, experiment with different materials, and have fun transforming your candles into unique decorative pieces.
How do you decorate jar candles?
Decorating jar candles is a fun and creative way to personalize them and add a unique touch to your home decor.
- Ribbon Wrap: Wrap a beautiful ribbon around the jar, securing it with a bow or a knot. Choose ribbons in different colors, patterns, or textures to suit your style.
- Twine or Jute Wrapping: Wrap natural twine or jute around the jar, creating a rustic or bohemian look. You can add charms, beads, or small ornaments to the twine for extra embellishment.
- Lace Accents: Attach delicate lace trim or lace fabric around the jar using glue or adhesive dots. Lace adds a touch of elegance and vintage charm to the candle.
- Decorative Paper: Cut out decorative paper or scrapbooking paper to fit around the jar. Use Mod Podge or glue to adhere the paper, creating a custom-designed look.
- Washi Tape Patterns: Apply colorful and patterned washi tape in various designs to create unique patterns or stripes on the jar. Mix and match different tapes for a playful and vibrant look.
- Natural Elements: Glue dried flowers, leaves, or small branches onto the jar. You can also tie raffia or dried herbs, such as lavender or rosemary, around the neck of the jar.
- Personalized Messages: Write or print personalized messages or quotes on transparent adhesive labels and attach them to the jar. This adds a sentimental touch and makes the candle a perfect gift.
- Bead Embellishments: Glue small beads or gemstones onto the jar in a pattern or randomly. Choose beads in colors that complement the candle’s fragrance or the surrounding decor.
- Glitter Accent: Apply a thin layer of glue to the desired areas of the jar and sprinkle glitter over it. Shake off the excess glitter and let it dry to create a sparkling effect.
- Stained Glass Effect: Use transparent glass paint or glass markers to create colorful designs or patterns directly on the jar. When the candle is lit, the colors will shine through, creating a stained glass effect.
- Ombre Effect: Apply acrylic paint in different shades of the same color to the jar, starting from the bottom and gradually fading it upwards. This creates a beautiful ombre effect when the candle is inside.
- Wrapped Yarn: Wrap colorful yarn or thread tightly around the jar, securing the ends with glue. You can create patterns or layer different colors for a textured look.
- Rustic Charm: Wrap a piece of burlap or rustic fabric around the jar, securing it with twine or hot glue. Add a small wooden tag or a miniature clothespin for an extra touch.
- Personal Photos: Print out small photos or cut out images from magazines that hold meaning to you. Attach them to the jar using transparent adhesive paper or Mod Podge, creating a personalized collage.
- Etched Designs: Use etching cream and stencils to create intricate designs or monograms on the jar’s surface. Follow the instructions on the etching cream carefully for safety.
These are just a few ideas to inspire your creativity. Mix and match different techniques, materials, and themes to create unique and personalized jar candle decorations that reflect your style and add a touch of charm to your space.
I hope these creative candle decor ideas have ignited your imagination! Remember to visit my YouTube channel and check out my blog for more DIY projects, tutorials, and inspiring content. Don’t forget to like, share, and subscribe! Let’s continue our creative journey together.
P.S. Stay connected and be inspired!