Do you want some easy pool noodle games? I went to Dollar Tree and grabbed a bunch of pool noodles to create some games and fun for everyone!
Who knew those pool noodle activities could be so much fun and they’re not just for the swimming pool! Create a fun game or several outdoor games for those summer months. Simply visit your local dollar store and create some fun ideas! With a little imagination, you can create an easy game and have hours of fun.
pool noodle games materials
- Pool Noodles – I used different colors for fun
- Large skewers or wood dowels
- Beach Ball
- Glue Gun
- Water Bottles or cans
- Spray Paint
pool noodle games Videos
Pool material games instructions
1. KickBall Croquet
I stuck 2 flags into the ground on either end of my yard. These would become the goals for the game.
I started by breaking my long wooden skewers in half.
I stuck the 2 skewers into the ground and I bent the pool noodle and put each end over the skewer stake.
I continued to do this until I had 5 hoops in the form of a “5” on a die as pictured here.
Here’s a look at the whole kickball croquet course. You can use beach balls, playground balls, soccer balls or any kind of ball you’d like for this game.
We played this like a regular game of croquet without mallets and kicked the balls instead and took turns.
I cut a pool noodle in half using a serrated kitchen knife.
I put hot glue on the end of the half noodle and placed another end of the noodle onto either end of the pool noodle that I cut in half.
I placed 10 water bottles up like bowling pins. You can use used water bottles and just put a little bit of water in them for weight. You can also use old pantry cans or pop cans as well.
You can use any ball you like, we used a playground ball.
You can make your circles for this game by gluing or taping the ends of a pool noodle together. We opted to do our game differently.
I started by tracing a lid on a piece of cardboard and then cut out the center circle.
I laid the cardboard down on the grass and painted in the center of the circle with spray paint.
I made 4 circles in a row, then repeated this process 3 more times using 3 more colors. If more people are playing you can make more circles and make this game larger.
If you have the indoor version you can use the spinner that comes with it as long as you use the same colors. We just called out left foot, right foot, left hand, right hand, and picked a color.
Now my kids are older and we all had fun with this. This also works well for kids of all ages for some summertime fun. Get started with your fun activities. Now let those happy hooligans go crazy so everyone will sleep well tonight!
Pool Noodle Games Video
Shop any of these stores and I receive a small commission at no cost to you.
Other fun Pool Noodle Games:
- obstacle course
- have a relay race with team members and create a starting line and finish line with pool noodles
- create a line with noodles and have a toss with water balloons or bean bags.
- glue some of the noodles together to create hula hoops
- ring toss
- target station by aiming water toys at them
- poke holes in them and make pool noodle sprinklers
- make pool noodle ponies
- use duct tape and make pool noodle light sabers
- sports target practice
- balance beam
- Create A Sprinkler for Kids House To Cool Down-Summer Time Fun!
- Build a pool noodle obstacle course
- roll marbles or beads through the middle of the pool noodle creating a marble run
- Play pool noodle hockey in the backyard
- Create sensory bins with and add pool noodle pieces
- Make a pool noodle rocket flinger by creating a bow and arrow with a pool noodle and string or rubber bands
- make a ring toss game
Leave a Reply