If you love to create easy crafts, then you’ll love this Dollar Tree spring DIY. You can make it for $3-4 and keep it up all spring long.
Dollar Tree Spring DIY Materials
Dollar Tree Spring DIY Video
Dollar Tree Spring DIY Instructors
1. glue ribbon on cutting board
I glued one end of the ribbon to the bottom of the cutting board to hold it in place.
2. Place marks on the cutting board
I made marks with a pencil on the cutting board to help guide where I would want to hot glue the ribbon as I moved to the top of the cutting board.
3. Hot Glue the Ribbon To the Cutting Board
I zig-zagged the ribbon back and forth hot gluing each side into place. I continued going wider and wider to make the carrot shape I was creating. Once I got to the top I cut the extra ribbon off.
4. Slide the faux greenery behind the ribbon
I slid the greenery into the top of the ribbon and down to the point. If you didn’t want to do this you could cut off the stem and hot glue the greenery to the board.
5. glue on the hanging Twine
I cut some twine and made a knot on either end. I hot glued the knots on either side of the cutting board so I’d be able to hang the spring project.
6. Hang the project
Once I finished the carrot project I hung it on a magnetic hook on my front door.
Here is another version I made for Hometalk and I used plain orange ribbon and twine for this one.
Easy and Beautiful Dollar Tree Spring DIY Video
Shop any of these stores and I receive a small commission at no cost to you.
Using Dollar Tree supplies, thrift store finds, and things already at home, you can easily create many different looks.
- Use chalkboard paint to cover the entire cutting board, then you can hang it on the front door with custom messages.
- This doesn’t have to be a spring or easter craft, instead use red, white, and blue ribbon, with a flag, for the 4th of July
- Use nail polish to paint the board, then attach any ribbon or decorative rope, and attach faux flowers in a floral arrangement.
- If you don’t glue the flowers in, you can find different ways to arrange the flowers or add new ones for the time of year.
- Glue a picture frame to the cutting board leaving the top open, you can then do different photos on this craft.
Other DIY spring decor ideas using dollar store items, dollar store supplies, and other things:
- Grab a wreath form and make a fun bunny
- Use food color and mod podge and color mason jars
- create fun spring wreaths with dollar store pizza pans
- create a real terrarium with glass jars
- make a rope vase with nautical rope and add some spring flowers
- paint some glass jars with chalk paint to make bunnies and chicks
More Dollar Tree Spring DIY ideas
- Spring Crafts For Adults and Kids: Fun And Easy Projects
- Easy and Beautiful Dollar Tree Spring Decor Seasonal DIY
- 13 Ways To Celebrate Spring Has Sprung
- Easy and Awesome DIY Spring Welcome Sign
- Upcycled Thrift Store Candle Holders
The endless possibilities of this little project, a DIY Dollar Tree craft idea, will bring new beauty to your front porch or a great way to add spring home decor that can be changed to last year long!
Easy and Beautiful Dollar Tree Spring DIY with Video
- Hot Glue Gun
- Cutting Board
- GLUE RIBBON ON CUTTING BOARD
- PLACE MARKS ON THE CUTTING BOARD
- HOT GLUE THE RIBBON TO THE CUTTING BOARD
- SLIDE THE FAUX GREENERY BEHIND THE RIBBON
- GLUE ON THE HANGING TWINE
- HANG THE PROJECT