Do you want easy Dollar Tree spring decor? I love diy spring decor ideas and Easter crafts. Today I have a unique way to use plastic eggs that is beautiful. All the materials came from my local dollar store.
Dollar Tree Spring Decor Materials
Dollar Tree Spring Decor Video
Spring Decor Directions
1. Decide how you want to string the eggs
The best thing about this project is that there are so many different ways you can string the eggs. The eggs come in vibrant colors and have a hole in them which is something to consider when making your string/ribbon choice. I decided on the fishing line as it will hold up inside or outside, and it’ll go nicely through the hole of the egg without extra work.
How do you put a hole in an egg without cracking it?
When deciding what string I wanted to use, the first step was to decide if I could make the hole bigger without cracking the plastic egg. I started with the punch you see above but as I pushed it in the egg cracked. So what will work?
How do you attach strings to plastic Easter eggs?
2. Push the string through the holes of the plastic egg
Since I decided on the fishing line I didn’t need to make the holes bigger so the next step was stringing the eggs together. I was able to push the fishing line through both the bottom and the top holes easily. I continued doing this until I had 12 eggs on the strand. It is up to you how many or how few plastic eggs you string together.
3. Make a hanging loop at the top
I made a loop and created a knot at the top of the strand. This would allow me to hang the strand later.
4. spread the eggs out, and hot glue them into place
I spread the eggs out along the strand. I cut the bottom of the fishing line. I began adding a little hot glue on the bottom hole of each egg that the string went through to hold the egg in place while it hangs.
You can make as many strands as you like, it just depends on where you’re going to place them and what you want them to look like. I brought all of my strands outside to my front yard.
5. Hang the strands on a tree
I took the loop at the top of the egg strand and hooked it on a branch on the tree. This is a great way to add a pop of color to your yard before the new spring growth appears.
I continued to hang all of the strands I made on my tree.
One thing I love about this project is that it will hold up inside or out. For example, I hung all of this up on a Friday in Colorado while the weather was in the 60s.
This is the next day in Colorado and we got snow all weekend. So between the fishing line and plastic eggs, this holds up inside or out.
Other DIY projects using plastic eggs:
- Form them into a garland and hang them from a tree, around the front door, or on the front porch.
- Use a tension rod and hang them in doorways or windows for beautiful spring home decor.
- Attach colorful eggs to wreath forms to make spring wreaths.
- Use them as table decor by simply filling a glass vase, glass jars, or mason jars with colorful Easter eggs (or perhaps jelly beans!)
Easy and Beautiful Dollar Tree Spring Decor Seasonal DIY Video
Shop any of these stores and I receive a small commission at no cost to you.
Easy and Beautiful Dollar Tree Spring Decor Seasonal DIY
Do you want easy Dollar Tree spring decor? I have a super easy and inexpensive idea using plastic eggs that is beautiful.
- Plastic Eggs
- Fishing Line
- Hot Glue Gun
- DECIDE HOW YOU WANT TO STRING THE EGGS
- PUSH THE STRING THROUGH THE HOLES OF THE PLASTIC EGG
- MAKE A HANGING LOOP AT THE TOP
- SPREAD THE EGGS OUT, AND HOT GLUE THEM INTO PLACE
- HANG THE STRANDS ON A TREE
Check out some of my other spring decor!