Creating an option that is right for you to light up your address numbers is inexpensive and easy. I’m going to show you 3 ways to make solar light house numbers.
For the first option you’ll need:
- Mason jars and the lids – one per address number
- Solar lights (Dollar Tree) – one per jar
- Sharpie or paint marker
Using a stencil or free hand, draw you numbers onto each mason jar.
If you’d rather use vinyl sticker numbers that would work as well. Pull the solar light stem off the light.
Place the light into the mason jar ring lid.
That’s it for the first one. Make sure to place this somewhere where your solar lights will get plenty of light.
For the second option you’ll need:
- Glass Block (Craft stores – can get on sale for $5)
- Plug in light (Dollar Tree or Craft Stores)
- Vinyl number stickers (Craft Stores)
Place your numbers on your glass block.
Put your light in the bottom of the glass block. You could use a 20 strand of lights as well.
Plug in and that’s it. This is a great option for those who have covered porches and don’t get enough light to charge solar lights.
Option 3 – you’ll need:
- Recycled bottles – one per number of your address (mine are coffee syrup bottles)
- Solar Lights (Dollar Tree) – one per bottle
- Reflective Numbers (Walmart)
Place the reflective number stickers on the bottles. Pull the base off the solar lights.
Place the solar light on top. I would recommend using silicone or a glue of your choice to adhere the lights into place.
Optional – add some dollar store rocks for weight or some water to enhance the brightness.
How To Make Solar Light House Numbers Video
Shop any of these stores and I receive a small commission at no cost to you.
Find out “What Exactly Does It Mean To Repurpose Or Upcycle“, save money, and create the most amazing things.