Do you want to know how to decorate a door for Halloween? I have a cheap and easy idea to share with you that you won’t want to miss!
Front door decorations – Your front door is the perfect canvas for Halloween crafts that will welcome guests to your front porch during this spooky season. I have a great way to make a fun Halloween door and the best part is that it is cheap and easy. It will really get you into the Halloween spirit. This is a simple project I want to share with you that you won’t want to miss!
Materials needed for decorating your door
- Poster board, construction paper or even black cardboard
- Markers, paint, rope
- Ribbon or tape
- Hot glue gun
Here are the instructions for decorating your door
1. Mark your poster board
I bought 4 different colors of poster board. For each one, I measured and marked 7.3 inches so that it made 2 marks on each side. I then lined up my yardstick and drew a line across from one dot to the other.
2. Cut the posterboard
I cut both lines on the poster board making 3 strips total.
3. Hot glue the ends together
I glued the ends of all three strips so it made one really long strip.
4. Decorate the ends of the poster board
I used 1 strip of glitter ribbon and 2 strips of metallic tape on both ends of my poster board. You can use just about anything you want to create the binding of a book. Some other ideas include the following:
- Pipe Cleaners
- Hot glue gun or glue stick
5. Add the title of the book
I penciled out the title of my book and then traced it with Folk Art Treasure Gold Paint. You can use many other things to create your titles. Some ideas include:
- Yarn or Rope
Here is a look at all 4 of the poster board books that I created. I used marker, chalk, and paint to create the titles. I used a combination of ribbon and tape for the binding.
6. Hang the Poster Board on your door
I used regular tape and hung my poster board books on my front door. You could also use double-sided tape.
This set of books was for Halloween, and I think you could have a ton of fun for just about any holiday or season creating this fun front door decor. If you are really ambitious, this could be a fun way to spruce up your garage door for a Halloween party. This is certainly not limited to outdoor Halloween decorations. You can use this same easy tutorial to make DIY decorations for any season or holiday celebration.
For more Halloween door decoration ideas you might also be interested in seeing my Mummy Door!
You can find Halloween book titles here for your door decorating.
Other decoration supplies or ideas for your front door include:
- Use white streamers to create a mummy
- Make a witch wreath using a witch hat and decorate it.
- If you have a green door, make it a mummy with some large googly eyes, black paper or black duct tape
- Make a spider wreath out of dollar store plastic spiders, and glue them to a wreath form
- Make a vampire teeth garland to hang around your door.
- Add a boo sign or add spooky signs all over your front door
- Paper bats door decoration – by adding paper bats all over your front door.
- Standard grapevine wreath fit faux spider web all over it with plastic spiders
- Make a DIY spiderweb doormat by spraying black spray paint over a cobweb stencil
- Add a fishing line as it is a real-looking web
- Add plastic rats to your porch with giant spiders
- Make a creepy feathered wreath with a black feather boa
Learn more about “Creating Seasonal Decor for Your Home” to create seasonal decor that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg.
How To Decorate A Door For Halloween Cheap and Easy Video
Shop any of these stores and I receive a small commission at no cost to you.