Would you like some patriotic crafts? I have some really easy and fun projects on a budget that will be great all season long.
Patriotic crafts supplies
Here are the supplies needed for this first project
Patriotic crafts Video
Patriotic crafts instructions
1. decorate the pool noodle
I added athletic tape to the pool noodles to create stripes like on the flag.
I added blue duct tape to the top of the pool noodle to create the blue section of our flag.
I added patriotic stars to my blue duct tape. You can create any pattern you want with the stars.
2. Measure and cut the pool Noodle for the lights
I am adding solar lights to my pool noodle to create a firecracker look. You could use battery-powered lights instead if you like. I placed the solar light on the outside of the pool noodle and marked the bottom so I would know how far to cut.
I used a serrated knife to cut through the tape and pool noodle so I would be able to place the solar light in the center of the noodle.
3. Place the solar light inside the pool noodle
I placed the solar light into the slit I had made down the pool noodle. I made sure to leave the solar panel out so that it would still collect the sun it needs to charge the battery.
4. Spread out the LED lights
I opened up the LED lights and shaped them to look like a fuse that was lit on the firecracker. You could also bend the lights to create a firework shape.
5. Remove the broom from the handle
I removed the broom and the top hanging piece from the broom handle that I got at a dollar store. I’ll be using the broom as a stake in the ground for this project.
6. Hammer the broom handle into the ground
I used a rubber mallet to hammer the broom handle into the ground to become the stake for this project. A rubber mallet is softer on the inexpensive broom handle so that it won’t break it.
7. Slide the pool noodle onto the broom handle
I slid the decorated pool noodle onto the broom handle. This was very simple and easy. The broom handle will be strong enough because the pool noodle is so light. Make sure to aim your solar panel in the direction where it will get the most sun.
I’m thrilled with how this fun craft turned out with its easy red and blue colors, and here is a picture of how tall they are. The best part is they didn’t cost very much to make, and there wasn’t even a hot glue gun. You could cut these in half and make more if you like. If you choose to do this you could probably use the rest of the stake that the solar lights came with to help stake them into the ground.
The broom handle was needed as these are so very tall. Anything shorter wouldn’t have made them as stable.
You can place these in so many places. I used them to line up my walkway to the house.
Here they are lined up in front of our house. I like the fun way you can see them by day and by night. This project would be good for the following patriotic holidays:
- Memorial Day
- Fourth of July or Independence Day (wouldn’t these be fun for a July party too?)
- Labor Day
- Flag Day
Now if you’ll look closely you’ll notice that one of them doesn’t match the other firecrackers. That is because I made a different version of this for Hometalk TV and it was using a battery-operated light. I like this fun and easy craft that runs on solar power. This is something the whole family could create with you.
Some other easy patriotic crafts are listed below with their instructions. Here are some other easy project ideas as well:
- Add a patriotic wreath to your front door.
- Add patriotic pinwheels between the firecrackers
- Make this flower pot Uncle Sam
- Create an American flag craft to display in your windows
- Add a patriotic centerpiece to a table inside or out.
- Create some craft stick flags
- Make American flag mason jars and put candles in them for patriotic candle holders
- DIY a patriotic windsock
- For easy patriotic ideas with inexpensive craft supplies have fun with coffee filters, food coloring, paper plates, popsicle sticks, crepe paper, and pom poms. This is a great way for kids to be creative.
- Make some paper lanterns
- Upcycle with what you have and create a cardboard tube eagle
- Add a little magic and create your own sparkler patriotic wands
You can have a great time with some outdoor patriotic activities, holiday decorations, and patriotic 4th of July crafts this time of year.
Easy and Fun Patriotic Crafts on a Budget Video
Shop any of these stores and I receive a small commission at no cost to you.
Other patriotic crafts you might enjoy
These are some of my favorite patriotic crafts with fun patriotic spirit. And as always feel free to take your own spin on a craft idea, have so much fun, and have a perfect time creating a cute craft. Maybe you’ll want to host a patriotic party
Easy and Fun Patriotic Crafts on a Budget with Video
- Hot Glue Gun
- Materials #afflialte
- Epsom Salt https://amzn.to/3M5oUtT
- Avocado Oil https://amzn.to/3M6N6MG
- Mixing Bowl https://amzn.to/393fAIp
- Spoon https://amzn.to/3yp3FiR
- Container https://amzn.to/3MitGEJ
- DECORATE THE POOL NOODLE
- MEASURE AND CUT THE POOL NOODLE FOR THE LIGHTS
- PLACE THE SOLAR LIGHT INSIDE THE POOL NOODLE
- SPREAD OUT THE LED LIGHTS
- REMOVE THE BROOM FROM THE HANDLE
- HAMMER THE BROOM HANDLE INTO THE GROUND
- SLIDE THE POOL NOODLE ONTO THE BROOM HANDLE
Check out some of my other patriotic creations!