Have you wanted to make personalized DIY Mugs? I have a few tips and tricks to share using Sharpies or the right kind of paint.
Here are the supplies you’ll need for a DIY Mug
- A ceramic mug
- Sharpies, Paint markers, or multi-surface paint
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Optional – adhesive stencil
Here are the instructions for a DIY Sharpie Mug
- Wash the mug
- Clean the mug with rubbing alcohol
- Decorate a mug by drawing your design on with a sharpie, paint pen, or place your adhesive stencil onto the mug and color in the stencil or paint the stencil.
- If using the stencil, carefully remove the stencil from the glass immediately after painting.
- Cure the art for 1 day
- Place the mug into a cold oven, set oven to 350 degrees, once the oven reaches the temperature, set a timer for 30 minutes. When the timer goes off, turn off the oven but leave the mug in the oven until it completely cools. *If using multi-surface paint, read the back of the bottle and follow it’s cure and bake instructions.
- Coat the design with Dishwasher Safe Mod Podge according to package instructions.
Why A mug diy?
- It’s so fun to decorate your own mugs.
- DIY Mug Painting is such a great gift idea.
- DIY painted coffee mugs are a fun activity for the whole family.
- A DIY Painted Mug is a great party favor or party activity.
- DIY painted mugs
Here are some ceramic mugs to decorate
DIY Ceramic Mug Options
Decorating mugs are so easy!
Homemade mug designs for easy, inexpensive, and great for a gift, party favor, or craft night. You can find the full tutorial at DIY Mug Designs Heart
How about homemade personalized mugs? I like making my own gifts for the holidays, and today I’m sharing my easy snowman mug with you. You can find the full tutorial at Decorating ceramic mugs, Easy DIY Snowman Mug
Decorating mugs for different holidays and occasions. I decorate mug for Halloween party favors, and then for my kid’s party, they decorated their own. You can find the tutorial on How to decorate a mug.
You can make DIY painted mugs with little paint and your fingers. The best part is you can enjoy the fingerprints for years to come. You can find the full tutorial at Fingerprint St. Patrick’s Day Mug
other DIY Cup ideas
- Painting Glass DIY Guide and Tips
- Painting Aspen Trees To Make Easy and Stunning Wine Glasses
- Painting Glasses With Glass Paint
Tips for DIY SHarpie Mugs
- Make sure to clean the mug well before starting
- Let the image set for 1 day to ensure it’s dry
- Bake according to the above instructions
- Make sure to coat the design with Dishwasher Safe Mod Podge or most likely the design won’t stick.
- You can handwash the ceramic mug DIY or place it on the top rack of your dishwasher.
EASY & AWESOME DIY GIFTS ON A BUDGET TO MAKE AND SELL Ebook
Do you love to make gifts for friends and family members? Would you like to personalize your gifts too? This book is for you! Over 30 DIYs gifts on a budget plus extra tips, tricks, eco-friendly gift wrapping ideas, and more!
So what are you waiting for?!!! Get your copy today and start creating!
Shop any of these stores and I receive a small commission at no cost to you.