What should I make for dinner tonight easy? What is an easy thing to cook for beginners? What to cook for under $10? What can I cook on a lazy day? Have you asked any of these questions? In this post, we will learn more about how to create five easy chicken recipes. For the purpose of the post, all recipes will be based on a whole chicken roasted for the first meal.
*This post was in collaboration with Fat Joe Publishing.
As the sole cook in a household, it can become easy to get stuck in a rut when it comes to what to feed an entire family. On average, a family rotates the same five to seven meals each week. Over the course of a 52 week year, that’s a lot of the same thing over and over again.
Roast Chicken, Corn on the Cob, Roast Potatoes and Gravy made with the juices of the chicken
- Roast your chicken, ensuring the whole bird is seasoned thoroughly. Cook until the chicken juices run clear- strain the juices to make a gravy
- Make your roast potatoes. Peel and par boil roasting potatoes, strain and season the potatoes. Cook in hot oil for 50 minutes, turning halfway through
- Use chicken juices to make a gravy- thickening with a slurry of cornstarch and heating until desired thickness, season to taste
- Boil corn on the cob in salted water for 9 minutes
Chicken Pilaf- using shredded chicken, leftover gravy and rice fresh vegetables (including onion and garlic)
- Sweat off onions and garlic in a pan.
- Create a stock by adding boiling water to the leftover gravy
- Add a cup of rice to the onion and garlic mix- cook for one minute before adding some of the stock
- Keep adding stock until water is absorbed and the rice is cooked through
- Add your family’s favorite fresh vegetables
Quesadillas- tortillas, shredded chicken, diced peppers and onions, fajita seasoning cream cheese, selection of cheeses
- Cook diced peppers and onions in a pan
- Warm through the shredded chicken, add the fajita seasoning to taste, melt the cream cheese
- Arrange the filling onto a tortilla wrap, top with cheese selection and place a second tortilla on the top
- Cook in a medium heated pan for four minutes per side, or until cheese is melted
Creamy Mushroom and chicken pasta- pasta, heavy cream, mushrooms, chicken
- Slice mushrooms and sautee in butter until slightly browned
- Add heavy cream and gently heat through
- Add chicken to sauce and gently warm
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, strain and add to sauce
- Season according to taste
Chicken fried rice- chicken, eggs, cooked rice, frozen vegetables
- Beat and season eggs
- Add rice, vegetables, chicken to a pan and warm through thoroughly
- Create a well in the pan, pour in the beaten egg
- Allow egg to cook- like an omelette, break up and mix with the rest of the rice, chicken and vegetable mix
- Season with soy sauce and serve
There are many delicious dishes that can be made using one simple, staple ingredient. Cooking a whole chicken is a cheap way of feeding your family. Many of these ideas can be personalized to suit the personal tastes of your family. These meals are handy for busy working families, and even if you’re moving (learn more). Are you ready to make these 5 easy chicken recipes? Happy cooking!
Ways to support me with out it costing you a dime!
Click and shop any of these stores – I receive a small commission at no cost to you.