How many types of chicken dishes are there? When it comes to winter, it is a great time to have some seasonal foods that are comforting and full of goodness. With some recipes that are versatile, using wholesome ingredients, and using chicken, then you will have some really tasty options. There isn’t much more that is versatile than chicken, as you can use the whole thing, just the chicken breast, just the wings, thighs, or legs. So if you have plenty of poultry packed away in your freezer, then here are some ideas for some winter warmer recipes.
- Chicken Milanese with fennel salad: With some crispy chicken with a light crust, combined with a crunchy fennel salad on top of the chicken, makes for an amazing texture and flavor that is a winning combination if you are looking for something fresh over the winter.
- Maple bacon roast chicken: Getting the skin of the chicken crispy as it roasts is the first step. But then, with a twist on the flavor of it all, it will taste like bacon and maple. With bacon under the skin, it can help to turn a moderately flavored meat into something that is a delightfully tasty and bacon-filled fillet.
- Chicken Kiev with chopped greens and goat cheese: there is a cookbook called Farm to Table by chef Mario Batali, that celebrates all food from local farmers. A recipe similar to one that you will find in there is a chicken Kiev, that is a great family recipe. Filled with goat cheese and chopped greens, you will be getting plenty of goodness for the holiday season, mixed with a lot of flavor.
- Chicken Piccata: lemons are full of goodness for this time of year as they are a powerhouse for vitamin C. Mix that with capers and some flattened and seasoned chicken breast and you have a great combination for a tasty dish, so you could try this lemon chicken piccata recipe. Served with potatoes and your favorite steamed veggies and it can be a tasty choice for this time of the year.
- Buttermilk baked chicken: if you want to find the key to getting a stellar fried chicken recipe, then adding buttermilk into the marinade is really a good idea. Then whichever part of the chicken that you choose to batter, you’ll get a lot of crunch, texture, and taste.
- Chicken pot pie: if there is ever a recipe that screams winter, then it is chicken pot pie. It is such a staple for winter and one of the ultimate foods. For a slight twist on the traditional chicken pot pie, you could add in a smoky flavor with some chipotle seasoning.
- Slow cooked Indian chicken: curries are full of herbs and spices which are great flavors for winter. Slow cooking the chicken can really help to soften the chicken, making it a real treat with a delicious curry. Coconut milk is a tasty addition, and full of some healthy fats to see you through the winter season.
You might also like these 5 Easy Chicken Recipes
Have you got any go-to chicken recipes? It would be great to hear what you think.
Shop any of these stores and I receive a small commission at no cost to you.
CLICK ON THE IMAGES TO SHOP MY 5 EASY CHICKEN RECIPES POST