Are you preparing your home for sale? There are some things to consider whether it’s for the future or right now.
Are you interested in selling your home on the market? If so, then you need to ensure that you are preparing it for a successful future sale. This isn’t as easy as it might seem. Buyers right now are weary of committing to a purchase. That’s why it’s important to make sure that you are taking all the right measures to ensure that your home impresses. Here are some of the best options.
Preparing Your Home for Sale
Upgrade The Lawn and Garden
The first thing that we suggest is that you upgrade the lawn and garden. Curb appeal is the first impression and you’ll want it to go well. While the lawn might not be massively important to you, it is important to a lot of people, especially families, who are looking for a new place to call home. For this reason, we recommend that you make sure the grass is cut to a normal length, consider adding some color through flowers perhaps, add a patio as these are high in demand, and hire a fence company to touch up the fence.
We know that a lot of people leave their gardens until they turn into nightmares, but you can’t put your property on the market if this is the case. It has to be sorted, and it has to be the best it can be. It not only increases your chances of selling, but also increases the value of the property.
Make The Key Repairs
Next, you should make sure that you are completing all the right repairs when you are selling your home. If you don’t repair your home, then you run the risk of your home being viewed as a fixer upper. Once this happens, buyers are going to immediately start low balling their offers. Ultimately, you might find that they have no interest in purchasing your home at all unless the repairs are completed. You also don’t want to leave repairs until the last minute because that will mean that you end up with higher costs to sell your property than you might have initially repaired for. You should also consider hiring a professional to complete the repairs if you are not sure you can complete them to the right quality standard.
Add Unique Features
Finally, you need to make sure that you are adding unique features to your property. Unique features will guarantee that your home stands out from other options on the market that may be very similar to yours. For instance, there might be a house with the same number and size of rooms on your street up for sale. If you have a unique selling point, then you’ll still be able to gain the interest of potential buyers and that’s exactly what you need to happen.
Task List for Preparing Your Home for a Sale
- Declutter, get your home cleared of the clutter so prospective buyers can see themselves in the space
- Clear out closets
- Pick up the bathrooms, make sure showers are clean, and remove items from the counters
- Interview your real estate agents, remember the realtor is working for you the sellers
- Make sure to clean up after your pets
- Decorate the front door and front porch, and add a new welcome mat
- Fix minor repairs, anything that needs repairs like leaky faucets, and you can hire a handyman if you don’t have time
- Remove family photos, belongings, and personal items, so the space feels like a blank canvas
- Clean appliances like your refrigerator and oven and remove odors
- Pack some of your home up and place in a storage unit so things look less cluttered.
- Consider a professional stager if you need some help
- Know your home value so you know what you’re willing to negotiate.
- Don’t forget there will be a home inspection.
- Look at your home’s exterior and hire a landscaper if necessary to improve curb appeal, trim shrubs, add mulch, clear sidewalks, rake leaves, clear driveways, and make the yard look nice.
- Update little things like light fixtures to leave a big impact.
- Give your home a fresh coat of paint
- Clean your blinds and curtains
- Keep your kitchen counters clear, and wipe down your cupboards to free them of dirt
- Add fresh flowers or fresh fruit to your dining room table.
- Hire professional photographers to take great professional photos
- Remove knickknacks from your living room, and add a blanket to make it cozy.
Preparing Your Home for Sale Conclusion
We hope that you have found this article helpful, and now see some of the things that you can do to preapre your home for the property market. The more that you do now, the less worry you’re going to have when you put your home on the market, wondering if it will or won’t sell. We wish you the very best of luck, and hope that you manage to see the outcome you’re looking for when selling your home.
Shop any of these stores and I receive a small commission at no cost to you.