I have a super easy and inexpensive Dollar Tree organization idea that is so versatile and will make your life so much easier.
I absolutely love Dollar Tree stores and dollar stores because with their many Dollar Tree items whether they’re small items, small containers, larger dollar store baskets, or all of the different sizes dollar store products can help organize your home on a budget.
Dollar Tree Organization Materials
Dollar Tree Organization Instructions
1. Clean the wall surface
I washed the wall with a damp cloth to make sure the wall was clean which will help the Command Hook stick the best.
2. Measure and mark the wall surface
I waited for the wall to dry completely and while it was drying I measured the space and marked where I wanted each dollar store storage to go. There are 4 of us in our family, and for this project, I needed 4 spaces.
3. Place your command hook on the wall
Be sure to pick a Command hook that will hold the weight you would like the container to hold. I pulled the hook off the flat plastic piece. I pulled the side off that said command and placed it on the plastic hook.
I peeled off the side that says wall and then pressed that side to the wall with pressure for 30 seconds.
I put the hook back on the Command Strip. I let that sit according to the package instructions for 1 hour. You can see more Command hook ideas in this post.
4. Place a label on the trash can
I bought some chalkboard stickers and placed them in the trash can. I used a piece of chalk to write each person’s name on the sticker. You could also use chalk markers, and write whatever you are placing in the buckets.
5. Place the lip of the trash can onto the hook
I had 4 trash cans for this project and I place each one on a hook above our coat rack.
Another great idea is to use other dollar store bins or wire baskets that can hook onto the wall as well.
How do I organize my home at the dollar store?
These bins can be put up vertically or horizontally and used anywhere in your home. Here I have placed them above our jackets, but you could use the space next to the hanging rack vertically or below the jackets for smaller kids.
6. pLACE ITEMS IN THE TRASH CANS
We use these bins to hold each person’s winter gear like hats, mittens, scarfs, etc. It keeps everything together and it has a place.
In the summer we put things like flip flops, sunglasses, sunscreen, and water bottles. This helps with easy grab-and-go items.
You can also use this organization hack for snacks. Break the snacks down by type (protein, crackers, treats), or just place them in a trash bin. You can place a bin like this by your door for quick grab-and-go snacks, or you can place them in your kitchen for easy-to-reach snacks.
Use this Dollar Tree organization idea to keep games, toys, and books organized. This organization idea can be placed in a child or teen’s bedroom, a toy room, or another area.
Use this storage idea outside for pool and sand toys.
One simple idea with so many possibilities for any season, and all-around your home.
Please watch my video to learn even more places you can use this in your home.
You can see more of my dollar store hacks as well as more of my dollar store organization hacks tutorials. Inside these Dollar Tree organization hacks tutorials, you’ll find ways to organize things using dollar store bins:
- bathroom drawers and kitchen drawers with plastic bins or plastic container
- You can also use a door shoe organizer to organize your home in so many ways and you find shoe organizers at your local dollar store as well.
- You can also use dollar store mason jars or glass jars to organize and create great gifts for any occasion.
- Under your kitchen sink area use dollar store items and plastic baskets
- Organize things like aluminum foil and use magazine holders to organize and give your pantry a makeover
- DIY project using Dollar Tree cookie sheets as well as repurpose and upcycle them.
- Use a paper towel holder for bathroom storage for toilet paper, use a towel holder to hold your blow dryers, curling irons, spray bottles, and other clever ways to organize.
- Plastic laundry baskets for games, toy organization, and more.
- Shower curtain rings for so many organization ideas.
Other spaces and ideas for Dollar Tree baskets include:
- laundry room
- linen closet
- office supplies
- coffee station
- cleaning supplies
- hair supplies
- closet makeover
- makeup brushes
- craft room
So many dollar store organization ideas, the possibilities are endless. So much cheaper than the container store. This crazy craft lady is such a fan! Are you ready to visit your local Dollar Tree? How do you use their storage bins? I’d love to hear in the comments below.
Dollar Tree organization video
Shop any of these stores and I receive a small commission at no cost to you.