Are you looking for ways to celebrate Christmas with your family members? I love the holiday season and I am always looking for fun ways for our whole family to spend quality time together this time of the year. We all have our favorite Christmas traditions and at the end of the day it’s just the little things that make the Christmas season special. We love Christmas Hallmark movies and in this post we’ll discuss different ways we bring this to you home and family.
Easy and Amazing Ways To Celebrate Christmas Like Hallmark Movies Home Tour Video
How To Decorate for Christmas?
- Decorate a Christmas tree and place it in your living or family room.
- Add garland, lights, and stockings above a fireplace
- Turn our fireplace on or light a fire to get into the holiday spirit. If you don’t have one you can create a mini one. Use your TV by playing this, or buy a faux fireplace
- Add candles
- Add cozy blankets
- Make your own Christmas Decorations
- Add a wreath to your front door and/or windows
- Hang lights or create light displays
- Add a garland on your front door and to railings
- Add a faux tree or decorate what you might already have in your front yard
- Add candle lights to your windows on the inside.
How to decorate for Christmas on a budget?
- Make your own décor on a budget
- Buy Christmas sets that come together like a wreath and garland
- Watch for sales
- Buy some things at the dollar store
- Shop Christmas clearance
- Shop online, especially Black Friday deals
- Look at 2nd hand places like thrift stores, Nextdoor.com, Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist
How can I make my kitchen look Christmassy?
- Add wreaths to your cabinet doors made from dollar store garland
- Add red ribbon and bows to your cabinet doors
- Add lights and garland around door ways and windows
Christmas Family Favorites
- Bake your favorite Christmas cookies together using your favorite family recipes, or try new cookie recipes.
- Brew hot apple cider or hot chocolate, and have heartfelt conversations
- Have snacks on the table to make the kitchen a gathering place
What are some Christmas activities?
- Make ornaments together Making homemade ornaments is a great way to spend time together as a family
- Curl up with blankets and snacks and watch a classic Christmas movie.
- Have a great time playing games together
- Read books
- Go for a winter drive to look at Christmas lights
- Make Christmas gifts for each other or homemade Christmas cards or holiday cards
How do you celebrate Christmas on a budget?
- Make hot chocolate or apple cider, get in our car, turn on the holiday music, and go look at the lights.
- As mentioned above – watch Christmas movies, play fun holiday-themed games, read stories
- Bake, make treats or make s’mores together
- Listen to holiday music or Christmas songs and sing together
- Go caroling
What is your favorite Christmas tradition during the holiday season? What are the family gatherings you remember? What was your favorite present? Let me know in the comments below.
These are just a few of my favorite ways to enjoy spending time with my family this time of year. You can celebrate more than just Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. This is a great opportunity to celebrate the season.
- So start preparing for that Christmas Dinner
- Make an advent calendar
- start some new traditions
- celebrate these special occasions and Santa Claus and the birth of Jesus on Christmas morning
- Go ice skating and celebrate the winter months
- decorate the living room together with Christmas music
- Celebrate the new year
- Create a traditional meal or try something new
- Create special ornaments for a small gift to leave with after a good time
- Celebrate the whole month of December with holiday cheer in your own unique way, or join in on a popular Christmas tradition
- Pay a fun game
- Host a white elephant gift exchanges
- Attend religious services
- Make paper snowflakes
- Make a north pole for your yard and add some jingle bells to a door.
- Bake and enjoy some sugar cookies
- Get a little help when creating the holiday feast
Instead of just material things, this is an easy way to build memories. I hope this encourages you to create a special holiday tradition for your next family gathering.
Shop any of these stores and I receive a small commission at no cost to you.
Check out some of my Christmas posts!