Do you want to create your own LED lighted canvas art? I found this art piece on clearance for $5 and I added $1 lights to enhance the art.
Materials needed for lighting up your canvas
- Canvas Art of your choice
- LED light strand
Instructions for your ED Lighted Canvas Art
Here is the sign I found for $5 on clearance at Walmart. I just couldn’t leave it there at that price and it was just in time for Thanksgiving!
1. measure out where you want the light strand to go on your artwork.
I started by stretching the lights out around the top of the picture so I would know where I would want the holes to be.
2. Poke holes in your canvas art
I then used a punch to poke the holes through the canvas where the lights would come through.
3. Push the LED lights into the holes.
I then pushed the lights through the holes on the backside of the art. I used a strand of 10 LED lights from Dollar Tree and you could get a strand that had more lights. This piece also had a piece of wood in the middle of the back so be careful to work around that.
I taped the battery pack in place with some gaffers tape. You could alternatively use hot glue to hold it into place.
4. Hang your led lighted canvas art
Turn the lights on and it’s ready to hang.
Easy and Fun DIY LED Lighted Canvas Art with Video
Shop any of these stores and I receive a small commission at no cost to you.
Easy Light up Canvas Projects
- You can look at icanvas for discount canvas prints to do this project.
- Check out more of my LED Canvas Art projects.
Check out some of my other canvas art!