Are you wanting to create a Halloween Archway? I created one in a day and it is so easy to make with spooky and fabulous results.
If you want to improve the first impressions of your home during this spooky season you could make Halloween arches for your front lawn, front yard, or front porch. This would also be great as a haunted house archway. This is an easy DIY outdoor project and the good news is it uses very simple affordable materials. You can also have so much fun customizing your archway. So let’s get started with greeting our guests with this awesome entryway!
I’m here at my parent’s house and this is their walkway. I will be creating some outdoor decorations for this Halloween season and today I will be showing you how to make a Halloween archway.
Halloween Archway MaterialsPool Noodles, Fix Find 5 Pa...Shop on AmazonRubbermaid Commercial Produ...Shop on AmazonSharkBite 1/2 Inch x 100 Fe...Shop on AmazonSuper-Long 2-Pack Each 85FT...Shop on AmazonRust-Oleum 238323 Stone Cre...Shop on AmazonRust-Oleum 334020 Painter's...Shop on AmazonRust-Oleum 334020 Painter's...Shop on Amazon
Halloween Archway Video
Halloween Archway instructions
1. Hammer Your Ground Stakes into place
What I have here are just some broom handles from the dollar store. I’m going to map them out approximately where I want my arching to go on either side and I can easily adjust these when it’s time to pound them down. I’m going to hammer it into the ground and just continue this process until I have them all hammered into place
Now that all the stakes are pounded down we’re going to be able to continue with the next step.
2. Paint the pool noodles
Next, I have a ton of pool noodles and I’m going to start building the arch. We’re going to be starting with four black pool noodles. If you can’t find black pool noodles you can always go to your local hardware store or home depot and look for insulation tubing.
You can also use rust-oleum black spray paint on the pool noodles. Make sure to remove the tags from all the pool noodles.
3. Tape the pool noodles together
As you can see here I used a hot glue gun, but it melted a little bit. The best way to fix this is to reinforce all the pool noodles with some duct tape to make sure it’s nice and solid.
Here’s a look at the pool noodle taped up and now we’re ready for the next step.
4. Spray pool noodle with stone spray paint
I could leave the pool noodles black but I’m going to use some rust-oleum stone spray on top.
5. Assemble the arches
I bought some pex pipe to reinforce the arch and I slid it through the pool noodles and attached it to the broom handle on one side. I slid the pool noodle down over the entire thing then lifted the arch over the top attached the pex pip on the other side and slid the pool noodle down.
I did this to all three archways.
6. Add some lights
7. Add spiderweb
You could leave the archway just like this or add some embellishments like spider webs, ghosts, pumpkins, the grim reaper or a happy Halloween sign.
If you didn’t want to use spiderweb you could use windproof ropes, waterproof polyester cloth, etc
Here is the finished product and I can’t wait to show you at nighttime.
Trick or treat and I hope this inspires you to build an archway of your own.
If you don’t want to build your own Halloween archway you could purchase an inflatable archway or inflatable outdoor Halloween decoration.
You might want to check out some of my best outdoor Halloween Decorations.
I’d love it if you’d subscribe to my youtube channel and my blog. Thanks for watching and I’ll see you in my next video and don’t forget to like share and subscribe.
Halloween Archway Video
Shop any of these stores and I receive a small commission at no cost to you.DAZONGE Halloween Decoratio...Shop on AmazonHalloween Decorations Outdo...Shop on AmazonTURNMEON 2FT Prelit Hallowe...Shop on AmazonORIENTAL CHERRY Halloween D...Shop on AmazonEldnacele Halloween Flicker...Shop on Amazon
How do you make a pumpkin archway?
Creating a pumpkin archway is a fun and festive way to decorate for Halloween or autumn-themed events. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to make a pumpkin archway:
Materials you’ll need:
- Large pumpkins: You’ll need several pumpkins to form the arch. The exact number will depend on the desired size of the archway.
- Small pumpkins or gourds: These will be used to fill in gaps and add visual interest.
- Wooden or metal stakes: To support the pumpkins and form the arch shape.
- Carving tools: For carving the pumpkins, if desired.
- LED lights (optional): To illuminate the archway at night.
- Decorations: Such as fall leaves, hay bales, or other autumn-themed elements (optional).
- Choose a location: Pick a suitable location for your pumpkin archway. It could be an entrance to your home, garden, or any other area where people can walk through.
- Measure and plan: Determine the width and height of the archway you want to create. This will help you know how many pumpkins you’ll need and the spacing required between them.
- Create the arch frame: Use wooden or metal stakes to form the basic shape of the arch. Hammer the stakes into the ground to create the arch outline. Ensure that the archway is stable and secure.
- Position the pumpkins: Start placing the large pumpkins along the arch frame. You can either rest them on the ground or use additional stakes to secure them in place. Place the pumpkins close to each other to create a solid structure.
- Fill in gaps: Use small pumpkins or gourds to fill in any spaces between the large pumpkins. This will give your archway a fuller appearance.
- Carve the pumpkins (optional): If you want to add a bit of flair, you can carve faces or patterns into the pumpkins. Be creative and use different designs for each pumpkin.
- Add decorations (optional): To enhance the autumn vibe, consider adding fall leaves, hay bales, or other decorative elements around the archway.
- Add lighting (optional): If you want to showcase your pumpkin archway at night, place LED lights inside the pumpkins or use external lights to illuminate the structure.
- Maintain the archway: Depending on the weather and the shelf life of pumpkins, you may need to replace some over time. Regularly check and replace any rotting pumpkins to keep your archway looking fresh.
Remember that pumpkins are perishable, and their lifespan varies, especially if they are carved. It’s best to create the archway a few days before your event to ensure it looks its best.
With these steps, you’ll have a beautiful and inviting pumpkin archway that will delight your guests and passersby during the autumn season!
You can purchase your own archway with a powerful fan, and bulbs, and it has an inflation process to blow it up. Some also come with built-in sandbags.
Check out some of my other Halloween decor!