Are you looking for things to make with clothespins? I bet most of you have wooden clothespins lying around in the laundry room. Today I have several great clothespin crafts to share with you. They are a great way to make use of clothes pins to keep track of small items. These are all inexpensive and easy peasy and they would make a fun craft project for older kids.
Things To Make with Clothespins
These fun clothespin crafts take just a few craft supplies. You can find items at the Dollar Tree, Dollar store or any craft store. Grab a plaque or picture, some clothespins, and glue, and you have a clothespin sign that has endless uses and possibilities.
Materials needed for this sign:
- A framed picture of your choice (Mine came ready to go from Dollar Tree)
- Wood clothespins
- Adhesive of your choice (I used a hot glue gun but you could also use wood glue)
Hot glue your clothespins onto your picture.
Hang near the front door, it makes a great addition for keys.
Here is a second sign option. This simple clothespin craft is something all the family members will use.
- Chalkboard sign (Walmart)
- Clothespins (Walmart). You can paint the clothespins in your favorite colors using spray paint or acrylic paint. This would be a great little project for the kids.
- Adhesive of your choice (I’m using hot glue)
Hot glue your clothespins onto your board.
Label and use… After playing in the snow, label it drying and use it to hang your hats and gloves to dry, or ….
Lost and Found – use it when you have missing socks after laundry, or …
Jewelry – use it to hang your jewelry, or …
Scarves – use it to hang your scarves, or …
Keys – use it to hang up your keys, or pictures, or reminders, or recipes for this week’s dinner, etc – there are SO many possibilities!
Things To Make with Clothespins
Have you ever wondered how to make a clothespin wreath? Or even better yet, how to make a sunflower clothespin wreath? Today I’m sharing how to make a clothespin sunflower wreath with Rit Dye, paint, clothespins, and a wreath form. You can find the full tutorial at How To Make An Easy DIY Clothespin Sunflower Wreath
I absolutely love daisies and wanted to make something new for my front door this summer. With just a few inexpensive items – clothespins, wreath form, and a mirror – I made an easy daisy clothespin wreath You can find the full tutorial at How To Make A Daisy Clothespin Wreath
Do you want to know how to dye clothespins? Did you know you can dye wood with food color? I tried this method on clothespins and turned them into coasters that I gave as gifts. You can find the full tutorial at How To Dye Clothespins Fast and Easy DIY
With a quick trip to the dollar store – grab some clothes pins and a few extra supplies and you can make these 4 useful clothespin ideas for your home You can find the full tutorial at 4 Easy and Useful Clothespin Ideas
Here are a few other easy clothespin crafts that would be a fun activity for kids’ crafts:
These are great fine motor skills and great for hand-eye coordination for kids and it’s great frugal fun to make cute clothespin crafts. There is a creative way to make so many things with clothespins.
- clothespin airplane
- clothespin dolls
- clothespin trivets
- clothespin dinosaur craft
- dragonfly clothespin craft, you can use cupcake liners for wings
- make butterfly wings painted in bright colors
- make a clothespin wreath and paint it in different colors for the season
- make a clothespin Christmas tree for the holiday season
- make colorful dragonflies
- clothespin people
- clothespin angels
- clothespin caterpillars painted in vibrant colors
- clothespin car
- Let kids make cute animals and add pom poms, googly eyes, and pipe cleaners for so much fun
- clothespin snowman craft
- candle holders
- glue them together into snowflakes and use white paint on them
- colorful clothespin trivet
- cute little bunnies
- clothespin ballerinas
- minion clothespin craft
Do you wonder what to do with hangers? Here are 9 creative, helpful, and easy ways to use them in your home. You can find this wreath tutorial at 9 Creative Ways For What To Do With Hangers
Shop any of these stores and I receive a small commission at no cost to you.