Are you looking for chalkboard placemats? Love to recycle something you already have and turn it into something new? Below you will find how I made table placemats into chalkboards that have multiple uses!
Chalkboard Placemats Materials:
- Table Placemats
- Folk Art Chalkboard Paint
Awesome and Easy DIY Chalkboard Placemats With Video
Chalkboard Placemats Instructions:
1. I started by cleaning the place mats to free them off all dust, dirt, oils, and debris.
2. I painted each of them with Folk Art Chalkboard Paint. I followed the instructions on the back giving them 2 coats and letting them dry completely.
3. I then seasoned the place mats with chalk. This is done by coloring the entire surface with chalk. It’s an important step as this is what allows the surface to be erased. Missing this step causes the writing to stick to the paint.
4. After the entire piece is colored in, I erased each one.
5. They are ready to be used – use white or colorful chalk.
These can be used for so many different things –
- Place markers
- Homework – math problems, spelling words,
- Doodling – imagination starters
- And they can be great as lap trays – either in the house or perhaps on a car ride!
Now grab that piece of chalk, dry erase crayons, and have fun with these unique placemats!
This is a great way for family members to have fun together, place the chalkboard mats on the dinner table and use them at dinner time. We have used them at our dining table as well during holidays.
If you don’t love chalk you can look for dustless chalk, and use other things like chalkboard markers, chalk markers, or chalk crayons.
Get creative and make themed chalkboard placemats for any occasion. When it’s time to clean up these DIY chalkboard placemats clean them off with a baby wipe, or damp cloth.
EAsy Chalkboard Placemat Video
Shop any of these stores and I receive a small commission at no cost to you.
Click here for Plaid Enterprises, Inc. Disclosure