After we cook a turkey, we make turkey bone broth. We have a tradition of turning that broth into turkey soup that is so delicious.
Ingredients needed for turkey bone broth
- turkey carcus
Instructions for turkey bone broth
- Remove any meat left on the turkey carcus
- Place the carcus in a stockpot, Instant Pot, or Slow Cooker
- Add enough water to cover the carcus
- Heat until boiling, then turn down to a simmer. Let simmer for several hours
- Remove the turkey carcus and let cool.
What can you do with turkey broth?
- Freeze it in small batches for future recipes
- Turn it into soup
- Use it to add anytime a recipe calls for chicken stock
Our traditional turkey soup recipe
Every year after we make our turkey for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or both, we have a tradition of making this soup. We make a huge batch and freeze part. This allows us to pull it out on a cold night or help us when we are needing a quick meal.
- Make bone broth using the above method.
- Add sliced carrots, celery, onion, and potatoes
- Add seasonings – salt, pepper, and other seasonings to taste
- Let simmer all day until the vegetables are tender.
- Add previously cooked turkey
Turkey Soup Video
You might like more of my soup recipes!
Shop any of these stores and I receive a small commission at no cost to you.
You can always read about the history of Thanksgiving