How to Create a Relaxing Home Environment: Get Started Today and Feel Great
Are you hoping to creat a relaxing environment in your home? There is nothing better than coming home to a living space with a relaxing vibe after a long day. The good news is there are a few different ways to create a calming effect in your home without spending much time. One of the more overlooked elements that contribute to a calming environment is a sense of freshness. It’s one of those things that can be hard to pin down, but we know it when we feel it. It’s not hard to imagine the fresh energy you feel in a clean and spacious home versus one that’s dark, dingy, and dirty. So how can you ensure that you have a fresh home? Here are a few tips that will take minimal effort and you can get started today.
Relaxing at Home
Let In The Fresh Air
A great way to freshen up your home is to let in all that glorious fresh air. After all, is there anything better than feeling the spring air in your home? Not in my book. Not that you have to wait until spring to open the windows wide — you can do it at any time of the year, even in the winter months. Just be sure to do it before you put your heat on. Otherwise, all the warm air will escape. Another easy way to bring fresh air into your home is by adding flowers and plants to improve the air quality. It’ll freshen up a musty home pretty quickly!
Everyone knows they need to stay on top of cleaning their home. But sometimes, that’s not enough. It’s a good idea to commit to deep cleaning your house every now and again. The dirt behind your wardrobes may be out of sight, but if you never remove it, eventually, it will impact the overall feel of your house. Some cleaning chores are just too big for the to-do list and in those cases it’s best to hire a professional. A company that offers tile and grout cleaning can make your house feel much cleaner than you would be able to do on your own. You may also consider hiring a cleaner to visit your home regularly.
We equate freshness with space, so why not consider adding more space to your home? You can’t change the position of the walls, but you can make the space appear bigger by getting rid of clutter. We’re all prone to keep more things than we really need, for really no reason at all. You can sell or donate your belongings or put them into storage if you want to keep them, but don’t need them on a daily basis.
Rearrange the Furniture
Finally, if you’re looking for a way to freshen up your home, consider rearranging the furniture. This is something that not many people think to do, but it can have a big impact on your house. You’ll see the room in a completely new light — in fact, in extreme cases, it can even feel like you’ve moved into a new property! Your current furniture set-up may not be in the best position anyway, so take a look at feng shui or furniture arrangement ideas and get to work. It won’t take long
Other simple ways to create a cozy home with a sense of peace:
Adding these simple ideas can bring your heart rate and blood pressure down, and it’s great for your mental health. Add any of these to any space in your home like a living room, dining room, home office, bedroom, etc.
- bring in natural materials
- increase the amount of natural light by replacing bulky drapes with sheer shades or curtains
- use soft lighting
- light candles
- use neutral tones or cool colors when decorating
- add an essential oil diffuser, there are tons of essential oils to choose from.
- add an adult coloring book to your coffee table
- schedule in some relaxation time and read a good book while enjoying a face mask
- bring in an interior designer or family member in to help bring a relaxing environment to your own home
- add a sun light lightbulb to your floor lamp
- be aware of stress levels and your physical health, and remove yourself from a stressful situation that may have a negative impact that lasts the whole day.
- keep tennis balls handy for a foot massage, tossing the ball, squeezing, etc for great relaxation techniques
- make a playlist of your favorite relaxing tracks and play them while at work or around the home.
- give yourself a break and get a good massage for your mental state
- get enough sleep, a good night’s sleep is a game changer
- make sure to take time off and make it a routine like every Sunday afternoon you’ll enjoy daily life, go for a walk, see the outside world, and find the right balance.
- call up an old friend or have some alone time
- take a five-minute break from your daily routine, move a little bit, and enjoy a cup of tea
- enjoy family life
- check out for a while and watch tv, enjoy your electronic devices, play a video game
Shop any of these stores and I receive a small commission at no cost to you.