Have you been wondering how to clean a laminate floor without streaking? I have a super simple way to share with you!
Here is the best way to clean laminate wood floors or hardwood floors.
How To Clean Laminate Floor without Streaking
The first thing you’ll want to do is pick up the surrounding space so that it can be cleaned appropriately. Pick up articles on the floor, lift cords, etc. This first step is to do a good job you’ll want a clean surface for the next step.
Vacuum the laminate surface to clean it from all loose dirt and debris.
Mop the floor with water only. I’m using my yeedi vac 2 pro which vacuums and mops at the same time saving me tons of time.
Be sure not to use too much water because excess water can warp and ruin your entire floor.
The drying process is easy, simply let the damp floors air dry.
Why do laminate floors have streaks?
- Many of the reasons that a laminate floor ends up streaky are because of products that have chemicals in them. The chemicals can leave behind a streaky residue.
- If you change products the cross between the chemicals can leave the floor streaky.
- Natural oils that our bodies leave behind (like on our feet), as well as lotions, can affect if you can get a streak-free floor or not.
Using water will take time, but eventually, you will cut through all of the ugly streaks.
What home remedy can I use to clean my laminate floors?
You can also clean your laminate floor with vinegar to cut through any oils and streaks and then clean it with water.
How do you super clean laminate floors?
I am always about being efficient with my time. I use the yeedi vac 2 pro which is a 3-in-1 robot vacuum and mop combo combined with a self-emptying station. It vacuums and mops my floor at the same time and I can use my time to do other aspects of cleaning. It does a fantastic job of cleaning and leaves my laminate floors streak free.
Some helpful items that will help you clean your laminate floors:
- A spray bottle with natural cleaners like water or a cup of white vinegar or apple cider vinegar to make a natural cleaning solution.
- Rubbing alcohol is also a great spot cleaner. Put a little bit on a cotton ball and clean tough stains to get rid of them.
- Vacuum cleaner
- Warm water or hot water to disinfect, and use distilled water (not tap water) inside any machine to prevent build-up.
- Steam mop with a microfiber mop head or steam cleaners – Steam cleaning is great for disinfecting while it cleans. It also doesn’t leave pools of water on the floor.
- Sponge mop (although I don’t love these as you can’t remove them and clean the sponge between cleanings)
- Spray mop with the removable mop pad
- Damp mop or damp cloth for wet mopping
- Dust mop with a dry microfiber cloth or microfiber pad for dry mopping
- Baby shampoo or dish soap can help with the cleaning process for a difficult spot be sure to rinse it and wipe it up with a paper towel
- Microfiber towel – with these you can buff away scuff marks by using a circular motion.
- Soft-Bristle Broom – this can help get up some of the larger particles before you vacuum.
I don’t recommend cleaning laminate floors with a laminate floor cleaner that may contain harsh chemicals or commercial cleaners and definitely don’t use anything abrasive like steel wool. You’ll also want to stay away from acetone-based nail polish remover and other harsh cleaners. These may have cleaning power but they can ruin the floor’s protective coating. I recommend natural cleaning products like a cup of vinegar and plain water do a fantastic job of cleaning laminate flooring without causing permanent damage.
Why did I choose the yeedi vac 2 pro and how does it compares to the iRobot Roomba J7
The yeedi vac 2 pro has an awesome strong suction vacuum and oscillating mop system. It vacuums and mops at the same time killing 2 birds with one stone. The iRobot Roomba J7 only vacuums and you need to purchase the Braava jet for mopping.
The yeedi vac 2 pro uses a camera so it will avoid items in its way (anything from couches to shoes). The iRobot J7 avoids cables and pet waste.
The yeedi vac 2 pro can detect the difference between carpet and hard floors so that the yeedi will stay away from the carpet while mopping. It also picks up the suction on hard surfaces while vacuuming. The iRobot Roomba J7 only vacuums.
The yeedi vac 2 pro has a self-emptying station that has a 2.5L dust bag that seals and can be 3 used for 30 days of cleaning. The iRobot Roomba J7 does not have these features.
The yeedi vac 2 pro is such a good value choice whether it helps in cleaning, time-saving, or money control.
How To Clean Laminate Floor without Streaking Conclusion
Cleaning your laminate floors doesn’t have to be hard, you only need a few simple supplies to keep your floor clean. The good news is that with this detailed guide you’re on your way to seeing some of the best results when cleaning your laminate flooring. In addition to that by using my yeedi vac 2 pro, I can save time and energy while cleaning my floors. What are you waiting for, give it a try today?
Shop any of these stores and I receive a small commission at no cost to you.
Organic Cleaning – DIY Recipes and Tips To Clean the Chemical-Free and Natural Way
When cleaning your home there are amazing ways to be efficient with your time as well as minimize the chemicals in your home. In this book, you’ll learn what natural and organic products to use, the recipes to create, how to use the cleaners in your home, tips, and tricks, and how inexpensive it is to clean naturally. So what are you waiting for? Start cleaning organically and naturally today!