Are you looking for home privacy ideas? Here are five super tips and ideas to help you get started today inside and out of your home.
The home is a space that’s personal and therefore for some, privacy also comes with that. There are many ways in which the home can feel quite exposed, especially if living in an area that’s open and has many homeowners looking into the property. Not to mention, passersby are walking past the home regularly.
Here are a few tips to help make the home feel more private so that any household can feel safe and their privacy is protected.
Install blinds or curtains on exposed windows
The best way to help with creating more privacy is by installing blinds or curtains on any exposed windows. There may be certain windows where the homeowner can get away without needing to dress. However, there will certainly be some that need to install blinds or curtains.
For others, tinted windows are also a good suggestion for those that want to provide further privacy for their home. This can be a good alternative for those that don’t fancy putting up blinds or curtains around the property.
Consider a gated or fenced environment
To help keep out those that should belong on the property, getting a gated entrance or fencing the exterior of the home, can be useful to do.
Think about what is appropriate for the space available. There are plenty of great companies out there that will be able to provide a gated and fenced setup for the home. A prime example of this is texasstatefence.com. Regardless of the project’s size, this company will be more than happy to oblige in other to create privacy for the home.
Get creative with the landscaping
When it comes to the landscaping of the home, that can help with covering up areas that are exposing the home a little too much.
Get creative with landscaping by planting some greenery or for those who don’t have time to wait, bring it in fully growing for planting. We’re talking trees and tall hedges that are going to cover the view that may look into an exposed window for example.
Rearrange the interior spaces
The interior spaces can also be chopped and changed to help improve privacy. There may be certain rooms that can be swapped to help give more privacy to those rooms that need it. For example, a living room space could be rearranged to make it feel more comfortable for those lounging in view of a window.
Obstructing some windows with furniture might also be useful to do.
Finally, one of the biggest improvements that can be made in order to help a home feel more private is installing security. Installing security is a great way to make a home feel more private. It’s worth looking at CCTV cameras and security systems as a whole to see which would be the most appropriate.
More home privacy issues and ideas:
- Make sure you have plenty of natural light so you can see, but make sure you have curtains for privacy concerns
- Add smart speakers so you can hear in every room of your home if you have purchased security cameras
- Connect the system with your smart tv
- Consider if you want voice commands on your home devices and smart home devices like Alexa, or Google Nest, Google Assistant, and can you have a Google Home app on your mobile device or something similar
- Think about how much light you want outside when installing security cameras and lights
- Keep law enforcement agencies numbers and any other telephone number, contact lists, etc you might need in a visible place just in case
- Know if your wireless networks went down, would your security system still work or not
- Have a blackout blind or curtain near your glass door and light outside it.
- Have some privacy near hot tubs in the form of a fence
- What is the customer service like if you are hiring a security business, and have their contact information handy if you need it.
- What is the legal process for protecting your home’s privacy
- Protect your outdoor space with fences, lights, and cameras
Privacy INside your home
If you’re looking for privacy inside your home there here are a few DIY options for you.
Home Privacy Conclusion
Make the home feel more private and as a household, everyone will feel a lot more comfortable as a result. Implement some of the above suggestions to add privacy. These are some great ways to protect yourself in your own home. I hope you find the perfect solution for you and your family for your personal safety and home security. Do you have an easy way your create privacy in your home, please drop it in the comments below.
Shop any of these stores and I receive a small commission at no cost to you.