Every home has a bathroom, in many cases more than one. You may have a master bathroom as well as anothre small bathroom or powder room. Bathrooms are one of the most important rooms to keep organized, because often they don’t have much additional storage. Today I’m sharing a list of bathroom items that you won’t want to live without!
This ad will end in
Bathroom Essentials List
We’re going to cover everything from cleaning, organizing, practical, and decorative, so let’s dig in.
1. PRACTICAL ITEMS EVERY BATHROOM NEEDS
- Lights – Choosing lighting is important to make sure it’s bright enough in your bathroom, especially if it doesn’t have much natural light.
- Mirror – Most bathrooms come with a buildergrade mirror, and you can always upgrade it to a framed mirror or customize the original mirror with some molding.
- Blinds or Curtains – Natural light is fantastic, and we also need some privacy in our bathroom. If blinds and curtains aren’t right for you perhaps a privacy film for windows would be a great fit.
- Trash can – Gone are the days of plain plastic trash cans. You can now have a small trash can in stainless to match your fixtures, or ceramic to match your tile or counters.
- Shower Curtain & Liner – If you don’t have a glass shower door you’ll want to pick a shower curtain and a liner. Be sure to choose a mildew resistant liner to avoid mold from growing in the humid environment.
- Bathmat – Be safe getting in and out of the shower with a bath mat or a bathroom rug to catch the water and keep everyone from slipping on wet bathroom floor.
- Towels & Towel Rack – Towels include bath towels, hand towels, and washcloths. You’ll want a few extra towels on hand for when things get dirty. Hang it all up to dry on towel racks and avoid that mildew smell. You can find towels to match nearly any color scheme or bathroom decor. You can also buy white towels and dye them any color you like.
- Toilet Paper – Toilet paper is one of those bathroom necessities and you need to have extra toilet paper on hand. You can buy toilet paper storage containers if your bathroom doesn’t have a cabinet storage area.
- Tissue – Putting tissue in every room is a good idea, and the bathroom is no exception.
- Soap Dispenser – Every bathroom needs a hand soap dispenser for liquid soap. Ceaning your hands is an easy way stop the spread of germs.
2. ORGANIZATIONAL ITEMS EVERY BATHROOM NEEDS
- Drawer Baskets – to maximize storage space measure your drawers, and mix and match small storage baskets to create compartments for different items you keep in your drawers. This is a great way to organize nail polish, hair products, cotton balls, cotton swabs, etc. This will keep your bathroom counter free of clutter. You can also use a shower caddy for easy access for items you specifically need in the shower area like body wash or shampoo.
- Cabinet Baskets – Cabinets aren’t the best for staying organized. Buy small units that create more drawers or baskets to hold your cleaning supplies.
- Laundry Basket – Use a laundry basket to keep dirty clothes in until it’s time to do the laundry. This is an excellent way to keep dirty clothes from accumulating in unwanted spaces.
You can see my tutorial on How To Organize Bathroom Drawers
3. LIST OF BATHROOM ESSENTIALS FOR CLEANING
- Castile Soap – Castile soap and water in a spray bottle is safe for granite counters, and a great all around cleaner and disinfectant for the bathroom.
- Toilet Brush – Having toilet brushes or a toilet bowl cleaner handy is a great idea.
- Toilet Cleaner – Hydrogen peroxide is a great toilet cleaner to help disinfect your toilet.
- Sponge – Helps clean your surfaces, and remember to wash them after using to get them clean for the next time.
- Rubber gloves – Rubber gloves protect your hands while cleaning.
- Baking Soda – Baking soda is great for shower basins, bathtubs, and anything that needs a little scrubbing.
- Vinegar – Vinegar in a spray bottle is great for tile and grout. The acidity works through the pourous material to help keep it clean.
- Microfiber cloths – Microfiber cloths are great for polishing and shining up mirrors, faucets, clean counters, windows, etc.
- Rubbing Alcohol – is a great disinfectant to help clean any surfaces like toilets, handles, door knobs, etc to fight bacteria.
You can see my tutorial on How To Clean Your Bathroom Naturally
Shop any of these stores and I receive a small commission at no cost to you.
What are your recommended bathroom essentials? Let me know in the comments below.
You might enjoy seeing some great Bathroom Design and Trends