Every home has a bathroom, and today I’m sharing a list of bathroom essentials that you won’t want to live without!
Bathroom Essentials List
We’re going to cover everything from cleaning, organizing, practical, and decorative, so let’s dig in.
1. Practical items Every bathroom needs
- Lights – Choosing lighting is important to make sure it’s bright enough in your bathroom, especially if it doesn’t have as much natural light.
- Mirror – Most bathrooms come with a buildergrade mirror, and you can always upgrade it to a framed mirror or customize the original mirror with some molding.
- Blinds or Curtains – Natural light is fantastic, and we also need some privacy in our bathroom. If blinds and curtains aren’t right for you perhaps a privacy film for windows would be a great fit.
- Trashcan – Gone are the days of plain plastic trash cans, you can now have stainless to match your fixtures, or ceramic to match your tile or counters.
- Shower Curtain & Liner – If you don’t have a glass shower door you’ll want to pick a shower curtain and a liner. Be sure to choose a mildew resistant liner to avoid mold from growing in the humid environment.
- Bathmat – Be safe getting in and out of the shower with a bath mat to catch the water and help everyone from slipping.
- Towels & Towel Rack – Towels include bath towels, hand towels, and washcloths. You’ll want a few as it’s good to have back ups when things get dirty. Hang it all up to dry on towel racks and avoid that mildew smell.
- Toilet Paper – Toilet paper is a must for all bathrooms, and be sure to get plenty. You can buy toilet paper storage containers if your bathroom doesn’t have a cabinet to store it in.
- Tissue – Putting tissue in every room is a good idea, and the bathroom is no exception.
- Soap Dispenser – Every bathroom needs a soap dispenser for cleaning hands to stop the spread of germs.
2. Organizing items Every bathroom needs
- Drawer Baskets – measure your drawers, and mix and match small baskets to create compartments for different items you keep in your drawers.
- Cabinet Baskets – Cabinets aren’t the best for staying organized. Buy small units that create more drawers or baskets to hold your cleaning supplies.
- Laundry Basket – Use a laundry basket to keep dirty clothes in until it’s time to do the laundry. This will stop dirty clothes from floating in unwanted spaces.
You can see my tutorial on How To Organize Bathroom Drawers
3. Cleaning Supplies Every Bathroom Needs
- Castile Soap – Castile soap and water in a spray bottle is safe for granite counters, and a great all around cleaner for the bathroom to disinfect it.
- Toilet Brush – Having a toilet brush handy to clean your toilet anytime it’s needed is a great idea.
- Toilet Cleaner – Hydrogen peroxide is a great toilet cleaner to help disinfect your toilet.
- Sponge – Helps clean your surfaces, and remember to wash them after using to get them clean for the next time.
- Rubber gloves – Rubber gloves protect your hands while cleaning.
- Baking Soda – Baking soda is great for shower basins, bathtubs, and anything that needs a little scrubbing.
- Vinegar – Vinegar in a spray bottle is great for tile and grout. The acidity works through the pourous material to help keep it clean.
- Microfiber cloths – Microfiber cloths are great for polishing and shining up mirrors, faucets, clean counters, windows, etc.
- Rubbing Alcohol – is a great disinfectant to help clean any surfaces like toilets, handles, door knobs, etc to fight bacteria and clean with.
You can see my tutorial on How To Clean Your Bathroom Naturally
Shop any of these stores and I receive a small commission at no cost to you.
What are your recommended bathroom essentials? Let me know in the comments below.
You might enjoy seeing some great Bathroom Design and Trends