Do you want some recycled paper crafts? I took some old magazines and business cards and turned them into a lovely wreath for my home.
Materials needed for Recycled Paper Crafts
- Frame, Pallet, or Wood Blank
- Recycled Paper – Magazine, Recycled book, comics, phonebook, business cards, etc.
- Hot Glue Gun
- Folk Art Wood Tint
- Paint Brush
Recycled Paper Crafts Video
Recycled Paper Crafts Instructions
1. Pick your frame
For this project, I used a Plaid wood canvas panel for my background. Instead of using the front side of the project I flipped it over and will be using the backside giving the illusion of a frame.
2. Paint your frame
I used Folk Art Home Decor Wood Tint in the color Cascade. I painted the entire frame and then used a paper towel to wipe off the excess. I let that dry completely before moving on.
3. Pick your recycled paper for the craft
Some ideas for recycled paper options for this craft include
- Old falling apart books
- Greeting and Holiday Cards
- Business cards
I had some old business cards that were out of date, and I was trying to decide what to do with them without throwing them away. This was the perfect project for them.
4. Cut a shape out of the recycled paper
I am cutting a leaf shape, and you could use any shape you like such as circles, stars, hearts, etc.
5. Glue the paper together
I glued 2 of the recycled paper leaves together and did this to all of the leaves I needed to create my wreath.
6. Glue the recycled paper onto the frame
I placed the paper leaves onto the frame in the wreath shape I wanted and then I hot glued them onto the wood frame.
I decided I wanted to paint the edge of the wood frame with Folk Art Home Decor Chalk Paint in the color black to make the frame stand out and add some contrast to the art.
How do you make paper recycling crafts?
I created this other recycled paper wreath by doing the following steps
- I used a wood hanging pallet for the frame
- I painted the frame with Folk Art Wood Tint in the color Walnut
- I cut leaf shapes out of a recycled magazine
- I hot glued the leaf shapes together
- I placed the leaves onto the frame and hot glued the leaves onto the frame.
How To Make An Amazing Recycled Paper Crafts Wreath Video
Shop any of these stores and I receive a small commission at no cost to you.
You might be interested in these tutorials
What To Do With Old Blinds: 10 Easy Ways To Upcycle
Fantastic Geometric Art Ideas On A Budget
10 Awesome and Easy Ways To Recycle Pots and Pans