Have you heard of devil cookies? They are cookies made from a Devil’s Food chocolate cake mix and are so easy to make!
My Aunt Sheree is the queen of cake box cookies. She has learned to mix and match tons of these and as I make them I’ll be sharing them with you. These recipes have been fantastic when I needed to bring a dessert to any event. I have brought them to baseball games, school functions, and family and friend functions, and even my husband has been making them for his cookie shift at work. These are so easy to make and loved by so many! I’m so excited to share another variation with you and this one comes from me specifically as I love mint M&Ms.
Ingredients for Devil’s food cake mix cookies
- 1 Box Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup oil (you can use vegetable oil, canola oil, or another oil of your choice)
- Add-ins – like mint M & Ms, chocolate chips, sprinkles, peanuts, coconut, or any nuts of your choice, etc.
Devil Cookies Video
Instructions for devil cookies
1. Place 2 eggs and 1/2 cup oil in a bowl
2. Add chocolate Devil’s Food Cake Mix and add-ins into the bowl and stir until mixed completely.
3. Drop 1 tablespoon-sized cookie onto an ungreased cookie sheet. You’ll be able to do more than one baking sheet at a time.
I like to use a cookie scoop to help with this process.
4. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 7 minutes for softer cookies and 10 minutes for crispy cookies. If you like you can line the cookie sheet with parchment paper.
5. Let cool for 10 minutes.
If you like mint, you might enjoy my Easy and Yummy Soft Peppermint Candy Recipe Using A Cookie Press
Easy and Fast Chocolate Cake Mix Devil Cookies Video
Shop any of these stores and I receive a small commission at no cost to you.
Super Easy and Fast Chocolate Cake Mix Devil Cookies
- 1 Box Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil of your choice
- Add ins – like mint M & Ms chocolate chips, sprinkles etc.
- Place 2 eggs and 1/2 cup oil in a bowl
- Add chocolate Devil’s Food Cake Mix and add-ins into the bowl and stir until mixed completely.
- Drop 1 tablespoon-sized cookie on baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 7 minutes for softer cookies and 10 minutes for crispy cookies.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
- If you’d rather make your own batter you can. You can add things like cocoa powder, wheat flour, baking soda, etc, and have more control over what is in the batter.
- Substitute things like butter for the oil.
- I like to use avocado oil over hydrogenated vegetable oil.
- You can make other variations of this recipe like my Super Easy Yellow Cake Mix Chocolate Chip Cookies with Video, or How To Make Funfetti Cookie Dough and Cookies Everyone Will Love
You can learn more about the invention of the cake box here.
Are you ready to try these devil’s food cake mix cookies? Once you bake them and smell the aroma, you’ll want to dive right in. I like to bake them, and throw some in the freezer. This way I don’t eat them all, and can pull out a couple at a time.