I had my first hip surgery in January 2019, and 2 weeks after that I had a breast ultrasound that reveled a small lump. This lead to a biopsy which confirmed it was a begin papilloma. They scheduled a surgery to remove it in February, and when I got the results back from the surgery the surgeon said well, we have good and bad news. The good news is that we got all of the begin papilloma, and the bad news is we accidently found cancer.
I had Ductal Carcinoma In Situ Stage 0. This means in the ducts, hasn’t spread, and stage 0 means it hasn’t shown up in imaging.
Next I met with an Oncologist and they told me the next test were critical. I’d either be on the pathway to radiation (no chemo since it hadn’t spread) or I’d be having a double mastectomy. Here’s what happened next
- Genetic Counseling (came back clear)
- MRI Mammogram – Showed a flare up, so needed a biopsy.
- Biopsy confirmed a begin fibroadenoma, but showed precancerous cells as well.
- Surgery to remove all of the precancerous cells because radiation doesn’t kill those (only cancerous cells)
- 33 Treatments (7 weeks of M-F) Radiation Treatment
After treatment was done…
- I went through physical therapy to break through radiation scar tissue, & yes I was still getting PT and recovering from my hip surgery through all of this.
- I am on a medication called Tamoxifen for 5 years, which is a hormone blocker and puts me in chemical menopause. This stuff is awful causing depression, sickening hot flashes, join pains, etc. I’m a trouper 😉
- I’m considered high risk because of my age and all of the precancerous cells they found. So I have alternating mammograms and MRI mammograms every 6 months.
- I’m on a special plant based diet plan, and need to eliminate hormones, antibiotics, pesticides.
- I have to eliminate all chemicals, and hormones (they’re in everything – shampoo, moisturizer, alcohol increases hormone production, etc)
I’m doing well, all things considered (Covid is a walk in the park compared to this and the hip surgeries). I appreciate all the emails, e-cards, and support from all of you! You are AMAZING, and I’m grateful for you.
Ways to support me without it costing you a dime!
Click and shop any of these stores – I receive a small commission at no cost to you.
I hope this helps you, and I’d love to hear from you in the comments!
You are AMAZING!
Hugs to you!