Do you want an easy homemade hand scrub? I have a super easy recipe with items you probably already have in your home.
This awesome DIY salt scrub will help your dry hands or dry skin by exfoliating and moisturizing them. I love that this recipe is made with simple ingredients that you probably already have at home.
Homemade Hand Scrub main Ingredients
Homemade Hand Scrub Video
Homemade Hand Scrub Instructions
1. place 1/2 cup of salt into a bowl
I placed one half cup of salt into a small bowl. You can easily amend this recipe to make a big batch if you like. You can use white sugar, cane sugar, or any kind of sugar if you prefer. Use brown sugar to make a brown sugar scrub recipe
2. ADD 1/4 CUP OF AVOCADO OIL
I added 1/4 cup of avocado oil into the bowl with the salt. You can use any other type of oil you like. If you would like to use coconut oil to make a coconut salt scrub. You’ll need to warm it up so it liquefies first before adding it to the sugar so that it mixes easier.
You can use any kind of oil you like:
- coconut oil
- sweet almond oil
- canola oil
- olive oil
- vegetable oil
- jojoba oil
- grapeseed oil
The oil is the moisturizing ingredient.
3. Add One Tablespoon of lemon juice
If you have sensitive skin you can stop here with the natural body scrub. I added one tablespoon of lemon juice to my mixture. It’s all-natural and adds a lovely natural fragrance. Other options that you could add include:
- lemon zest
- citrus zest
- add drops of essential oils to add a scent.
- The addition of lavender essential oil can make a lavender salt scrub, vanilla extract, pure citrus juice, or another natural extract to the mix to give it a scent or fragrance.
- You can add vitamin E Oil if you like as well.
- I like to leave mine natural but you could add food color if you like to your homemade scrubs. It’s really all about personal preference.
4. MIX THE INGREDIENTS TOGETHER
I mixed the salt, avocado oil, and lemon juice together until mixed thoroughly. It will be grainy which is what you want as that will exfoliate the skin. You can adjust the consistency to whatever you like by adding more salt or adding more oil.
5. PLACE THE MIXTURE IN A STORAGE CONTAINER
I placed my mixture in a small mason jar or put it in an air tight container. You can find these at the store, you might have some at home, and they are a great deal at thrift stores. You can also get glass jars or containers online on Amazon, at the dollar store, at Walmart, and other stores. You can store this at room temperature which is great and helps with it being easily accessible. This makes a fantastic gift any time of year and for any occasion.
In addition to this working with your hands, it is a great homemade body scrub that you can use on your entire body. I love to leave my salt body scrub in my shower for easy access or by my sink. You can also swap out the salt for raw sugar and make a sugar body scrub or lemon sugar scrub. Salt scrubs can sting if you have any cuts or scratches. The best part about a DIY sugar scrub recipe will not sting.
This DIY salt scrub recipe is such a great idea. You’ll create soft hands again after constant hand washing. This homemade salt scrub recipe is great for homemade gifts! This is such an easy recipe, are you ready to make your own salt scrub? Let me know in the comments below.
Create a spa day with natural ingredients. You’ll have the best results creating soft skin.
DIRECTIONS TO USE THE salt SCRUB:
- Wash hands with soap then rinse.
- Put a small amount of the salt scrub in your hands or on your body
- Rub around your skin in a circular motion to exfoliate and moisturize your skin
- Rinse off with warm water.
- Pat dry on a towel.
Homemade Hand Scrub video
Shop any of these stores and I receive a small commission at no cost to you.
Easy and Remarkable Homemade Hand Scrub with Video
- lemon juice
- avocado oil
- airtight container
- PLACE 1/2 CUP OF SALT INTO A BOWL
- ADD 1/4 CUP OF AVOCADO OIL
- ADD ONE TABLESPOON OF LEMON JUICE
- MIX THE INGREDIENTS TOGETHER
- PLACE THE MIXTURE IN A STORAGE CONTAINER