Did you know how much fun crafting with epoxy can be? Epoxy resin is a fantastic and wonderfully versatile material and the perfect partner for any creative projects you want to start. Check around your home, and you’ll see lots of options for use of this as a canvas for your ideas.
Epoxy resin is used by blending two different liquids in a specified ratio. One important thing to keep in mind while blending it is to stir slowly to prevent bubbles. You’ll let the mixture stand for about 5 minutes and then use the mix to give life to any work of art you have in mind. Once you pour the resin, you’ll let it set firmly before using the item. It generally takes 24 hours to set and it’s ready to use. It’s durable, food-safe, and waterproof, so the project options are plentiful. Here are some exciting options to get you started.
We all have those unique custom t-shirts that commemorate a fond family moment or event. Or, were gifted by a beloved friend. The trouble with tees is that they tend to wear out over time. If yours is getting threadbare, preserve a piece of it forever – by covering it with epoxy resin. Not only can epoxy create a durable film over the fabric, but it could brighten the fading colors to make them pop. What is it that you love about the t-shirt? Is it the logo?
- Convert it into a charm for a bracelet or a necklace you can cherish.
- Is it an image? Make a paperweight if it is small. Or, a coaster if it is bigger in diameter.
- Cut that logo out, glue it to a canvas, let it dry, and pour epoxy over it to seal it.
Frames for Pet Portraits
The simplest way into a pet lover’s heart is to give them a custom, illustrated pet picture. Or, you could order one as a special way of honoring your favorite four-legged companion. Commission dog, cat, or horse portraits, and you’ll receive gorgeous wall artwork created on museum-quality paper, complete with your buddy’s name in stylish calligraphy. Although you have the option of ordering a frame for the portrait, you could also make the frame at home to add your personal touch. Use a mold to create a one-of-a-kind wooden frame and embed any other pet-related embellishments you like–maybe some confetti shaped like animals? Create memorial jewelry by mixing your pet’s ashes with epoxy, and then poured it into a jewelry mold.
Build Your Own Table
You can build a beautiful coffee table, dining room table, or a desk with epoxy. The material accepts a stunning range of colors and showcases the wood’s natural grain and textures. A single piece of wood is an entire landscape, and you can adapt the knots and ridges to bring unique character to the table. That’s because epoxy sealer for wood is resistant to dirt and UV rays and is possibly the best way to enshrine your creativity.
A Child’s Artwork
Ask any parent, and they’ll tell you how proud they are of every single artwork that their kids create. Many parents maintain folders of drawings as proof of their child’s budding genius. Consider adding a little something extra to the drawing of Mommy, Daddy, and Me at My Home.
- Cover the paper with a layer of epoxy and save it for gifting to the kids when they’re all grown up.
- Glue the art to a canvas and pour epoxy over it
- Make a travel mug by gluing the epoxy onto the mug and then pour epoxy over it to seal it.
- Create amazing coasters by gluing the artwork to square tiles. After that dries pour epoxy over them, let dry, and then add some felt or cork to the bottom of the tiles.
- Make a serving tray by gluing the artwork into the tray, let dry, cover the surface with epoxy, let dry, and it’s ready for use.
These are only a few of the ideas of what you can do with epoxy resin. Give your imagination free rein, and there’s no end to the creativity you can develop.
Shop any of these stores and I receive a small commission at no cost to you.