Are you wondering when is the best time to buy a lawn mower? You’ll find the answers here as well as some advice to figure out what kind to buy.
If it is time for you to buy a new mower for your home, then you will realize that there are a lot of options out there. Mowers come in all shapes and sizes, with each one seemingly having a higher price than the next.
To keep your green space or backyard lawn short, you need to have a reliable mower at home. However, you may be unwilling to break the bank to get there.
Luckily, there are lawnmowers available to suit every budget, and it is possible to keep on top of your garden without spending a lot of money.
Best Time To Buy A Lawn Mower
Do I Need A Lawnmower?
A lawnmower is one of the most important appliances for a homeowner because it makes yard maintenance easier.
Without a mower, it won’t be easy to keep on top of your lawn and maintain your outdoor area. While this might not seem like such a big deal during the colder months of the year, as soon as the weather changes, you will be wanting to get outside and enjoy your beautiful landscape once more.
To keep your garden safe and clean, the lawn needs to be short and free of weeds and debris.
This is a tough task, but one that can be done with much less work by using a lawnmower.
What Kind Of Mower Do I Need?
Mowers come in all shapes and sizes, which means there is a perfect one out there for every home.
Before shopping for a mower, you should take some time to consider what you need and what you are looking for, as this will narrow down options. If this is your first time buying a lawnmower, you will quickly become overwhelmed, so taking time to research ahead of time is a great idea.
You will want to find a mower that will make maintaining your garden easy, which means considering your ability along with the size of your garden.
There are different kinds of lawnmowers, all of which are designed to make the task of lawn maintenance easier in some way. Considering what you can do is a great way to decide what kind of mower you need, such as a riding mower or standard push model.
Along with your ability, the size and contours of your outdoor space should also be considered before buying a mower. Do you have pavers, shrubs, hedges, planters, or flower beds you need to maneuver around?
Some mowers are designed to tackle uneven ground, whereas others will not be able to make it. Take some time to consider your needs and what you are looking for in a mower before shopping, as it will help to narrow your options.
Check out this simple guide to popular mowers recommended by bestofmachinery.com including:
- Honda HRN216VKA 3-in-1 Self Propelled Lawn Mower
- Cub Cadet Ultima ZT1 50 Zero Turn Mower
- Greenworks DigiPro G-MAX 40V Cordless Lawn Mower
- EGO Power+ LM2101 Mower
- Cub Cadet XT1 Enduro Series LT 46 in. Riding Mower
- Troy Bilt TB115 Push Mower
- Toro 20353 Recycler All Wheel Drive Mower
- Husqvarna YTH18542 V-Twin Hydrostatic Riding Mower
- Husqvarna 315X Robotic Lawn Mower
- Cub Cadet CC30e Electric Rear Engine Riding Mower
How Much Do You Want To Spend?
There is no denying that lawnmowers can cost a lot of money.
Like any home appliance, if you want something of quality that will do the job well, you have to pay for it.
Before shopping for a new mower, consider how much of the home budget you can use and see what options you have within this price bracket.
There are several things to consider when purchasing a lawn mower:
- When to buy – look for a good deal, consider the time of year as the best deals and best prices are often near holidays.
- Do you want a new model, a new lawn mower, or purchase a used lawn mower or old lawn mower?
- Decide what kind of mower you want, there are so many kinds from walk-behind mowers, lawn tractors, zero-turn mowers, riding lawn mowers, electric models, self-propelled mowers, etc
- What is the retail price you want to spend
- Read consumer reports to pick the best lawn mower for you.
- Early spring or the beginning of the season might not be the best time to find great deals at your local dealer or hardware stores (like Home Depot), as everyone is shopping for them at that time.
- Consider your yard’s size. If you have sectioned small yards (not good for a robot lawn mower) or a large yard that will impact the type of mower you might want to purchase.
- Do you need a new machine or will older models work, can you use an electric mower if you have a large yard, make sure whatever you buy has a powerful engine to help you do the job.
- Holiday sales, and after the summer season is sometimes the perfect time to buy from big box stores, local stores, and major retailers. You’ll be all set to go the following spring.
- Don’t forget to check online retailers, sometimes they are the best bet for a deal.
- Don’t forget to winterize during the winter months to protect your investment.
- Do you want to collect grass clippings (or not), you might want to consider one that mulches.
- If your mower is having a difficult time, try sending it to a lawn mower shop before the spring season when the rest of the world is also trying to do the same thing.
Best Time To Buy A Lawn Mower
There are a couple of times of the year that are the best to buy a lawn mower, and that is late spring and early summer. These times of year offer tons of opportunities for sales and discounts. Keep on the lookout for different occasions and holidays such as Memorial Day, Father’s Day, Independence Day, and Labor Day for discounts on mowers. Additional ideas for the best time to buy a lawn mower is the end-of-the-year clearance. If you’re willing to wait that long many businesses continue to drop prices and clear out all of their inventory as they need to get ready for winter equipment.
You might be interested in these lawn care posts
- The ABCs Of Lawn Care and Unlock Potential
- Fall Lawn Care Tips
- 4 Incredible Ways To Have A Green Lawn
Shop any of these stores and I receive a small commission at no cost to you.
Leave a Reply